ALBERTS BACK!! CRAPSHOOTER 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett english

after 25 years Albert from south florida is back..his lineup will be 45 crapshooter, 60 crapshooter which will double as a single X/F 80boat, and a twin 80 crapshooter

These are pictures of the 40 boat..This boat finally hit the water yesturday

The tug boat you see is our official retrieve boat..

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett,

How did it run yesterday? 70's? 80's?

It looks very nice Albert.

What happen to the rear sponsons?

Mark Sholund

Mark,

The 45 Crapshooter ran great for the first day. I was breaking the engine in slowly but still managed to get 70 out of it with the wrong prop and still dead rich. The boat set up came out dead on with nothing needed. All I need now are the props, :) some more breaking in and then the final pipe, prop tuning. As for the rear sponsons, they are simply under water and can't be seen in the picture. The Carbon / Kevlar build came out great and met all my expectations. It is great to be in the water after all these years with what is in my opinion the greatest rigger design out there.

Special thanks once again to Stu, Bret and Elias.

BTW Bret, Fell free to post some of the carbon Kevlar build pictures I sent you. I tried posting them but could not get them to go through.

Albert

Came out at 92.8 oz or 5.8 pounds. Not bad in my book considering it will be around forever. The center section is strong enough to take even the toughest racing abuse. The only thing that gives with this design are the front sponsons and the cowl the rest is very strong and fairly light weight. I could make it lighter but would sacrafice strength.

Albert

Albert, congratulations on the the beautiful 40 boat. It's great to have you back my good friend, looking forward to some good times at the races this coming year. Keep plugging away at the others, they will be done before long.

Happy boating,

Elias

Came out at 92.8 oz or 5.8 pounds. Not bad in my book considering it will be around forever. The center section is strong enough to take even the toughest racing abuse. The only thing that gives with this design are the front sponsons and the cowl the rest is very strong and fairly light weight. I could make it lighter but would sacrafice strength.

Albert
I learned the lighter the boat the more prop you can add. Beautiful boat, But it looks like the sponsons cannot support the weight? this will make for a very wet running boat.....Great Workmanship.......

after 25 years Albert from south florida is back..his lineup will be 45 crapshooter, 60 crapshooter which will double as a single X/F 80boat, and a twin 80 crapshooter

These are pictures of the 40 boat..This boat finally hit the water yesturday

The tug boat you see is our official retrieve boat..
Sharp looking Shooter, Maybe some day I will try that class. Shooters rule the 40 class

Albert,

Did you guys get any video on the new 45 boat?

Did you not get the propellers I sent last week?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Cool!

How'd you do the carbon/kev build? Over balsa? Foam? Did Stu build it?

Would love to see the pics... :)

Mark, The 45 Crapshooter ran great for the first day. I was breaking the engine in slowly but still managed to get 70 out of it with the wrong prop and still dead rich. The boat set up came out dead on with nothing needed. All I need now are the props, :) some more breaking in and then the final pipe, prop tuning. As for the rear sponsons, they are simply under water and can't be seen in the picture. The Carbon / Kevlar build came out great and met all my expectations. It is great to be in the water after all these years with what is in my opinion the greatest rigger design out there. Special thanks once again to Stu, Bret and Elias. BTW Bret, Fell free to post some of the carbon Kevlar build pictures I sent you. I tried posting them but could not get them to go through. Albert
Beautiful boat... What pipe are you running???

Robert

Mark, The 45 Crapshooter ran great for the first day. I was breaking the engine in slowly but still managed to get 70 out of it with the wrong prop and still dead rich. The boat set up came out dead on with nothing needed. All I need now are the props, :) some more breaking in and then the final pipe, prop tuning. As for the rear sponsons, they are simply under water and can't be seen in the picture. The Carbon / Kevlar build came out great and met all my expectations. It is great to be in the water after all these years with what is in my opinion the greatest rigger design out there. Special thanks once again to Stu, Bret and Elias. BTW Bret, Fell free to post some of the carbon Kevlar build pictures I sent you. I tried posting them but could not get them to go through. Albert
Beautiful boat... What pipe are you running???

Robert

That appears to be a CMB 45 Nitro pipe

Mark,

Just got the props yesterday. Thanks.

Joe, You keep saying it looks heavy. How can you tell weight by pictures. Weight came in at 5.8 pounds and the thing comes up on plane like it was full of helium. The boat has been perfect from the first run.

As for the build it is a bit complicated but once you get the hang of it then it is quite easy. i first build a tub with .020 Carbon all around and use 1/8 ply on transome and front. The carbon tub is layed in a 2X2 Aluminum jig that Keeps it all true and square. Next I laminate one or two layers of 5.8 oz kevlar depending on the size of the boat. I used one layer on the 45 and two on the 67 and the twin. Next I lay a 2.6 oz carbon cloth on the bottom only. I then install the two end grain balsa sides and two more 1/8 ply at transom and front. Clamp it all together to the 2X2 Aluminum and squeeze out all the resin till it is bone dry. let set for 24 hours and then remove from the jig and trim. The process takes me about 12 hours from start to finish before moving on to the standard rigging. In summary you end up with a bullet proof center section with the weight almost exactly the same as the balsa ply tub built by Stu. This system provides you with a tub that has no glue seams since all the cloth overlaps on the corners and is clamped and trapped between the skin and the core doublers.

Albert

Albert the photo shows it submerged into the water, Rears completely under the water.Radio box just about under also... HEAVY FOOTPRINT. I have owned a few boats myself.......Good Luck with it & beautiful boat

Here are some pic's of Albert's Twin Crapshooter Build to go along with his explenation.

As for the build it is a bit complicated but once you get the hang of it then it is quite easy. i first build a tub with .020 Carbon all around and use 1/8 ply on transome and front. The carbon tub is layed in a 2X2 Aluminum jig that Keeps it all true and square. Next I laminate one or two layers of 5.8 oz kevlar depending on the size of the boat. I used one layer on the 45 and two on the 67 and the twin. Next I lay a 2.6 oz carbon cloth on the bottom only. I then install the two end grain balsa sides and two more 1/8 ply at transom and front. Clamp it all together to the 2X2 Aluminum and squeeze out all the resin till it is bone dry. let set for 24 hours and then remove from the jig and trim. The process takes me about 12 hours from start to finish before moving on to the standard rigging. In summary you end up with a bullet proof center section with the weight almost exactly the same as the balsa ply tub built by Stu. This system provides you with a tub that has no glue seams since all the cloth overlaps on the corners and is clamped and trapped between the skin and the core doublers.

Albert

Here are some pic's of Albert's Twin Crapshooter Build to go along with his explenation.

Albert

hi albert

how long and wide will the tub be on the twinn ??????

looks under 40 inch

cheers rick

Albert
That looks like it will be a strong tub!!!

what is the difference in weight with the wood tub?

Don't think a small weight difference will be a issue in a twin boat.

Ocume ply will be the same wight as the balsa and give even more to the equation. just a suggestion.

Good looking tub!!!

David

Latest posts

Back