Air cooled auto engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys i dont know if this would work ,but i seen a few of my friends use remote needle vales on our outboards to restirt water cooling to them.

allen

Another advantage is that extreme car magazine is always doing dyno testing on car engines. That would be really usefull in choosing an engine with the type of power/torque curves your after. You don't see that in rc boat modeler :rolleyes:

If you were running an aircooled head you could put a cowl over it, with cutouts to direct airflow through the head. This may serve to actually increase the velocity of airflow while helping do reduce drag by directing some of the uneeded air around the cowl.

Gear drive with a twospeed tranny..supper cool. there is even a threespeed out now ;)

Thanks for all of the input. I think for the time being, I'm going to put my trusty K/B in this hull. Unless I get some good input on my next question.

JOE

Oh Yeah by the way DJT that setup looks just awesome. Have you had it in the water yet? I can't wait to here the full details of your endevour. Awesome job!!

JOE

Finne said:
This is confuseing me.
In a car, you use aircooled engines. the entire car is covered by plastic, wich pritty much stops most air circulation. except for the classes where you are allowed to cut a round hole for airflow. but still, not a very open construction.

Then we have a rigger.

The engine is mounted wide open ontop of the thing. Lots of fresh air. And to make things better there's waterspray.

...yet, the engine is supposed to work good in a car, but get overheated on the boat? :huh:

please explain this to me before I make a mistake with my aircooled engine.

95681[/snapback]

Ever run 60% nitro in a road car? ;) I do run 60% in my air cooled OS.12 in a FF.12. The head clearence is about .011 and it seems to run too cool.

Adam

Latest posts

Back