Aeromarine sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok had some issues with my clear coat, (head in ass) anyway I had to compleatly RE-strip the hull and start over again on paint, This time I went with a cream white (custom)overlayed with blue pearl, charcoal window and turbine, looks better than the first time in my opinion.. It has a very soft deep look to it and when the sun comes out ill get a shot that you can see the pearl in... Very pleased with how this job came out......

100_1016.jpg

100_1017.jpg

100_1014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL not a ton of time just dont stop very often, here are pictures of the strut, rudder, and added autobailer.... speedmater 20 mono extended strut, 20 mono rudder, and I cut down an autobailer in length up to the o-ring so I could stuff it flat against the transom giving it a clean look and still work like it should....also strut was straight edged from the transom and there is 1/16" gap between it and straight edge, IMPBA legal (No part of the strut can extend past the transom) and still gives me the ability to adjust and stay legal.

100_1023.jpg

100_1025.jpg

100_1024.jpg

Cowl locks, water exit and engine are in, the engine is as far forward as it can go without hacking wood... BUT I did a mock-up with electronics etc. and to get the CG where it needs to be the radio box, MUST be placed infront of the engine, fuel im gonna try to get as close to the CG as posible..........

Going to cut down the aeromarine radio box I have and if that adds to much weight im gonna build my own..

Question.....How much fuel does the CMB .45 Gold head need to make an IMPBA race including mill time?

100_1029.jpg

Cowl locks, water exit and engine are in, the engine is as far forward as it can go without hacking wood... BUT I did a mock-up with electronics etc. and to get the CG where it needs to be the radio box, MUST be placed infront of the engine, fuel im gonna try to get as close to the CG as posible..........Going to cut down the aeromarine radio box I have and if that adds to much weight im gonna build my own.. you are right on the radio box i made the on accoring to the directions and it is to big

Question.....How much fuel does the CMB .45 Gold head need to make an IMPBA race including mill time? I had Walter barney make me a tank it holds 16 oz of fuel I always have fuel left over

Oh nice work continue sending pics. Always looking for ideas

100_1029.jpg

I just found a tank for mine. I have been looking for one on and off for a while now and just happend to run into one today. It is a 16oz sullivan v hull tank and it fits perfectly infront of the engine. It is going to be one of my winter projects. I am not planning on racing the boat so 5mph loss gain is not going to be that big of a deal. i am taking it apart right now to clean and paint. Anyone know off the top of thier head what paint would be good for the inside, anythiung that is nitro resistaint. I am just going to do it in black. Also it has an ops 45 in it, any idea of how fast it might run setup good?

DSC00107.JPG

I personally wouldnt paint the inside of the hull, They do sell a pigment to color epoxy and fiberglass resin that would hold up better...I ground the inside of this hull smooth with a dotco and red scotch bright disks then gave it a thin coat of resin to smooth it out, not for looks, but it makes clean-up nice and easy.

I would not paint the inside of the boat unless you use a gel coat. You can never really get all of the fuel and oil out of the inside of the boat after a days run and if it sits on the paint it will without a doubt lift it or peal it. It is also nearly impossible to thoroughly sand the inside surface of a boat. It might not peal up the first few times you run it but you will eventually have a mess on your hands. So if you must paint the inside of the boat sand it and use gel coat.

I once sold a seaducer that I had custom painted. The boat was absolutely beautiful and I used all RM Diamont and Glasruit automotive paint. Paint held up for over a year to the nitro. When I sold the boat there was a little fuel left in the pipe that leaked out onto the boat. Fuel+paint+florida heat in a ups truck = Automatic paint stripping. Most auto paint will hold up to the nitro but if it sits on there for a couple of days it will peal it up.

Hope this helps.

Jamie

I will add that it was one sweet paint job-

I couldnt believe the damage that it did to the paint in that short amount of time, just in shipping :eek:

Must be that cheap paint you use Jamie ;)

Dont paint the inside !!!!

B) Circus is ready-see ya at the lake Sunday.

Ok radio box just built, fitted to the front of the hull... Will set it all up with electronics then seal with finishing epoxy.. I will have to drill out two holes(or one oval) in the bulk-head for control rods and seals.. Box is 6 1/4"L 3 3/4" wide 1 5/8"h and as it sets is 3.3oz 1/8" light ply

Control for the rudder will be 440 rod ran through a carbon fiber tube, rod for the throttle will be 256, sulavan ends on both.. depending on the weight on the strut, will go with 4 or 5 cell pack 2/3a cells... trying to keep 10-12oz on the strut which will drop the CG at aprox. 1" behind the rear of the sponsons...

100_1031.jpg

100_1032.jpg

radio box is set-up, all linkage is in , rudder is 440 rod going through CF tube that is hard mounted in the hull, to keep the CF rod from ever splitting at the ends I wrapped both ends with black thread coated with epoxy, throttle linkage is 256 rod, sulivan ends on all, one end threaded, the other soldered..throttle linkage was a real pain to get set-up little to no room to work with between box and carb. I do need to know if there is a header with more of an angle to it than the one on it now I need one if there is picture of what I have now below

100_1053.jpg

Actually you want both ends sharpened (strut), to get more water to prop. As for the radio box, looks like engine will be right in front of the pushrod seals,do you plan to bend the pushrods around?? Looks good though. I had one as my first sport 40, but I made mine 1 inch wider.

Ok sent email to CMDI on the header and mabey a new pipe, they have 2 .45 pipes so not sure which one would be best.. Here ed shot a couple pics of between engine and box-- linkage, as you can see the throttle linkage was tight and I bet i went through about 1 foot of wire making practice bends trying to figure it out to work best, rudder wasnt hard and once the carbon rod was epoxied in there will be no bending or flexing,, also a pic of the strut was taken to show its on right, it was a call in order to speedmaster and its an extended 20 mono strut.

000_0247.jpg

000_0248.jpg

000_0250.jpg

Latest posts

Back