• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AAA 6V 1000mAh RECEIVER PAC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

I'm seeing if there is any interest in Ni-MH 6V AAA 1000mAh receiver packs. The weight is about 2.5 oz.

they can be made to any configuration needed with Futaba J connector and wrapped in heat shrink.

Please let me know if you would be interested.

The price would be $20 shipped in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the lightest and highest mAh pack you will find.

Great for those small riggers.

I'm seeing if there is any interest in Ni-MH 6V AAA 1000mAh receiver packs. The weight is about 2.5 oz.they can be made to any configuration needed with Futaba J connector and wrapped in heat shrink.

I would be interested in several!

I'm seeing if there is any interest in Ni-MH 6V AAA 1000mAh receiver packs. The weight is about 2.5 oz.they can be made to any configuration needed with Futaba J connector and wrapped in heat shrink.

I would be interested in several!
Great send me a pm and let me know how many and what configuration.

I can take paypal or any other form of payment.

Keep in mind that AAA cells regardless of their capacity perform very poorly under load. This is due to a fairly high internal impedance which will result is a fairly high voltage drop under load. They are also less tolerant of overcharging, etc.

Just something to keep in mind. There is more to batteries than simply the capacity.

Take a look at this site: http://www.hangtimes.com/giantrxpacks.html

From that ste:

Most folks react to the 'capacity' rating alone as being the biggest part of their decision in selecting a pack for their big aggressive birds. This can lead to big trouble on board the aircraft. Just as cells are evaluated for capacity, in high load applications you need to take into consideration what the cells voltage performance will be when loads are applied. All battery technologies react to servo loads with a voltage drop while the load is applied. It's really very simple.. the higher the cells impedance rating, the greater the voltage drop will be while servo loads are applied. Rule of Thumb for cell selection: Impedance Ratings are like a Golf Score. The lower, the better. Aircraft in agressive aerobatic enviornments employing digital high torque servos should carry a cell impedance score of 10 mOhms or less. As an example, one of the most popular lightweight packs used in IMAC aircraft is the Sanyo HR 2700AUX.. plenty of capacity, but the impedance rate on the cell is 20 mOhms. Pretty high.. but if it's used in parallel with another 2700 pack the impedance rate is cut in half to 10 mOhms (and the available capacity is doubled). This is why you usually see this pack employed in parallel in IMAC birds and used without issues as a single pack in a giant Cub.
BTW - the internal impedance of a AAA NiMH cell runs right around 35 to 40 milliohms.

Despite being directed toward big planes the concept remains the same.

Keep in mind that AAA cells regardless of their capacity perform very poorly under load. This is due to a fairly high internal impedance which will result is a fairly high voltage drop under load. They are also less tolerant of overcharging, etc.
Just something to keep in mind. There is more to batteries than simply the capacity.

Take a look at this site: http://www.hangtimes.com/giantrxpacks.html

From that ste:

Most folks react to the 'capacity' rating alone as being the biggest part of their decision in selecting a pack for their big aggressive birds. This can lead to big trouble on board the aircraft. Just as cells are evaluated for capacity, in high load applications you need to take into consideration what the cells voltage performance will be when loads are applied. All battery technologies react to servo loads with a voltage drop while the load is applied. It's really very simple.. the higher the cells impedance rating, the greater the voltage drop will be while servo loads are applied. Rule of Thumb for cell selection: Impedance Ratings are like a Golf Score. The lower, the better. Aircraft in agressive aerobatic enviornments employing digital high torque servos should carry a cell impedance score of 10 mOhms or less. As an example, one of the most popular lightweight packs used in IMAC aircraft is the Sanyo HR 2700AUX.. plenty of capacity, but the impedance rate on the cell is 20 mOhms. Pretty high.. but if it's used in parallel with another 2700 pack the impedance rate is cut in half to 10 mOhms (and the available capacity is doubled). This is why you usually see this pack employed in parallel in IMAC birds and used without issues as a single pack in a giant Cub.
BTW - the internal impedance of a AAA NiMH cell runs right around 35 to 40 milliohms.

Despite being directed toward big planes the concept remains the same.
Thank's for the info Bill.

The reason for building this pack is for the small size and low weight. In the boat that I am building this pac for with the choice of servos the amp draw should be moderate.

I am offering this pack because I could not find a pac to fit my needs and must buy this batt in large lots.

This pac is for a small rigger .12 or.21 where size and weight matter and the load on batt is not agressive.

David,

I have been using that type of pack for 6+ years. They have never failed me. After checking voltage from a two day race, they read at least 5.5 volts (even my twin). If yours are comparable, I'll take four packs with the current Futaba connector. Email me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Stu

David,I have been using that type of pack for 6+ years. They have never failed me. After checking voltage from a two day race, they read at least 5.5 volts (even my twin). If yours are comparable, I'll take four packs with the current Futaba connector. Email me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Stu
Thanks Stuart will send you email.

what brand cell's you using?

Spent allot of time looking for the highest rated batt and this was the only 1000mAh I could find.

The brand is Tenergy.

Features and Benefits

High quality AAA Size 1000mAh rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery, top of line.

Exact replacement for standard AAA size battery in all the devices

Provides ultra long use time per charge with this super high 1000mAh capacity for AAA size

Advanced Ni-MH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables

Designed for enhanced performance for high drain applications such as digital cameras, CD players, portable audio devices, hand held games, 2-way radios, PDAs, and other portable high drain digital electronics

Can be recharged for up to 1000 times, providing big saving by replacing hundreds of throw away AAA batteries.

Convenient operation without memory effect. Can be charged anytime.

Can be rapidly charged with any quick charger, smart chargers, plug in charger or universal chargers

Weight per cell 0.03 lbs

Dimensions: 45mmx11mm

6 months warranty

Battery tested based on International Electronic Commission (IEC) standard to ensure capacity, quality and life time

what brand cell's you using?

Spent allot of time looking for the highest rated batt and this was the only 1000mAh I could find.

The brand is Tenergy.

Features and Benefits

High quality AAA Size 1000mAh rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) battery, top of line.

Exact replacement for standard AAA size battery in all the devices

Provides ultra long use time per charge with this super high 1000mAh capacity for AAA size

Advanced Ni-MH technology means twice longer use life per charge than the ordinary rechargeables

Designed for enhanced performance for high drain applications such as digital cameras, CD players, portable audio devices, hand held games, 2-way radios, PDAs, and other portable high drain digital electronics

Can be recharged for up to 1000 times, providing big saving by replacing hundreds of throw away AAA batteries.

Convenient operation without memory effect. Can be charged anytime.

Can be rapidly charged with any quick charger, smart chargers, plug in charger or universal chargers

Weight per cell 0.03 lbs

Dimensions: 45mmx11mm

6 months warranty

Battery tested based on International Electronic Commission (IEC) standard to ensure capacity, quality and life time
I can build pac's with any cell count or voltage you want.

This pac is for a small rigger .12 or.21 where size and weight matter and the load on batt is not agressive.
Sounds perfect. As long as the amp draw is fairly low then they are a great way to go. I did not mean to make it sound like they were a bad idea, just that people need to know the limitations so they do not get themselves in a bad situation.

I've used AAA in some low draw situations where weight is an issue and they are fine.

Dwilfong, checkout cheapbatterypacks.com - I had them make a "custom pack" for me. They have AAA batteries from @500mAH to over 2700 mAH.... I noticed your mentioning you spent alot of time looking for powerful batteries.

Dwilfong, checkout cheapbatterypacks.com - I had them make a "custom pack" for me. They have AAA batteries from @500mAH to over 2700 mAH.... I noticed your mentioning you spent alot of time looking for powerful batteries.
I looked on that sight. The largest AAA is 800mAh. Also need bat with tabs.

There are a lot of AA bat of higher mAh but not the AAA.

When trying to build a#3 boat 5oz difference is a lot.

The price of there AAA bat pac is $23.50 shipped.

Have enough bat to make 3 more pacs. If you are interested please let me know.

I have sold all the bat on this order.

If I get orders for 12 more packs I will order more bat.

This is a pic of a bat pack. weight came in at under 2.5oz.

All lead under heat shrink cover also coved with heat shrink to avoid short under cover,like I said earlier if I get enough orders to build 12 more .I will make another bat order.

Latest posts

Back