A little help with ordering hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Strange

I need to order some Speedmaster hardware for some different projects. I have ordered the wrong parts in the past, so I figured that it would be best to check first.

Blazer Marine Whiplash Sport 20

Strut....The instructions say i need part VM1F. I don't see that as a part number. I ordered SPDS-005-F, which is an extended flat bottom strut. With the help of a band saw and flat file I successfully and cleanly removed the "extended" part so it looks like the one in the instructions. Should I have ordered P/N SPDSS-001HF instead?

Rudder...I have Mini Rudder SPDR-005-H, which I am sure is the correct one. I ended up destroying the Hinge bracket trying to remove the hinge pin. Can I get a rudder with the control arm already on the right side of the rudder?

Phil Thomas SS45 Sport 40

Rudder....SPDR-001-H Hydro .21 rudder assembly? I think some are using the 40 size rudder...but which one?

1/8 scale hydro...

What rudder and strut for a scale hydro

Is the Standard Universal Mount (UMM) the correct one for a .67 motor?

Thanks in advance!

Try Lenny at Rum Racing Tempe Az. he's got most every thing you need and the know how.... great prices too................

I need to order some Speedmaster hardware for some different projects. I have ordered the wrong parts in the past, so I figured that it would be best to check first.

Strut....The instructions say i need part VM1F. I don't see that as a part number. I ordered SPDS-005-F, which is an extended flat bottom strut. With the help of a band saw and flat file I successfully and cleanly removed the "extended" part so it looks like the one in the instructions. Should I have ordered P/N SPDSS-001HF instead?

Rudder...I have Mini Rudder SPDR-005-H, which I am sure is the correct one. I ended up destroying the Hinge bracket trying to remove the hinge pin. Can I get a rudder with the control arm already on the right side of the rudder?

Rudder....SPDR-001-H Hydro .21 rudder assembly? I think some are using the 40 size rudder...but which one?

To get a rudder assy with the arm on the right, when you talk to the guys at Speedmaster, tell them you want a LEFT SIDE assy. I recently purchased a 21 sized hydro rudder assy and it has the arm on the right side. My only problem is that the mounting bracket is only made one way, with the mounting flange on the left side

1/8 scale hydro...

Thanks in advance!
The 60 sized rudder assy will work on a scale boat. Be sure to specify the length and which side of the boat you will be mounting the rudder on so the arm will be on the correct side. As for the motor mounts, not sure on that one

Last edited by a moderator:

1/8 scale hydro...

Thanks in advance!
I've got a set of speedmaster std. mounts(drilled and tapped for a CMB 67) if you are interested.

Thanks,

Glenn

P.S. Phil T. suggested the #102-40 Speedmaster rudder for his spt 40 round nose.

Speed master has done a lot of part number updates and changes since they took over from Bill Mcgraw .

Here are the latest Numbers I have used.

You have a setup instruction sheet for the SSP45? Its all in there with part# The correct strut for the 20 40 sport boats is the sport20 hydro flatbottom.

The rudder is the 21 hydro NOT the mini 21 for the 45 boat

The roundnose 40 does like the 40 rudder not the 21 hydro.

This would work for the Brand X boat too. :D

Here is the 45 info

HARDWARE LIST

SuperSport 45

Rudder Speedmaster 21 hydro wedge rudder with water pickup (not mini 21 hydro)

Motor Mount five inch Speedmaster, or Octura, rubber mount

Strut Speedmaster sport hydro strut extended shaft strut

SPDS-005-F Sport-20 Assembly, Flat Bottom

Shaft Assembly Speed MasterSPD 125- 24x.187 cable or HUEGHY B6666-24 3/16x24,

SpeedMaster SPD 113-.187 shaft bushing, Octura drive dog oc6d

K&S ¼ x36 brass tube, K&S 9/32x12 brass tube

Prop Octura x450, x646/3, x450/3, x452,1455cupped,

Turn Fin & VIRGINIA CRAFTSMAN Dick Tyndall or MH HARDWARE turn fin and mount

Here is the parts for a sport20

HARDWARE LIST

SuperSport 21

Rudder, Speed master #105M, 21 mini wedge rudder with water pickup

Motor Mount, Mike Hughes MHardware, 21 floor mount for 21 engine or

Speed Master # MM, hydro mini mount (use with L mounts or wood engine rails)

Strut Speed Master SPDS-005-F Sport-20 Assembly, Flat Bottom for under the hull mount.

or SPDSS-001HF 3/16" HYDRO FLAT Assembly, short Bracket for transom mount.

Shaft Assembly Speed Master SPD125, 24 x .187 cable

Speed Master SPD 113/187 shaft bushing, Octura drive dog oc6d

K&S ¼ x36 brass tube, K&S 9/32x12 brass tube

Prop, Octura m440, x440/3, 1440 cupped, x442, x642, x437/3

Turn Fin, VIRGINIA CRAFTSMAN turn fin for sport 20 or MH HARDWARE turnfin

Here is what I use on the BUD T5

Rudder SPEEDMASTER SPDR-011-60MBA., 60/90 RUDDER,

1 5/8 medium bearing block, left side mounting

Or ACCU-TECH RC BOAT HARDWARE rudders

Motor Mount five inch wide Speed Master #UMM rubber mount or UMM2 drop down mount.

Strut SPEEDMASTER SPDS-010-250HF extended shaft strut for 1/4 cable ACCU-TECH RC BOAT HARDWARE extended strut

Shaft Assembly SPEEDMASTER 24 ¼ cable with 3/16 propshaft, Speed Master ¼ strut bushing

Octura drive dog oc6d

Prop Octura X455/3, X457, X457/3, X460, X462

Thanks everybody for the info...At least I am pointed in the right direction now.

Phil, Speedmaster changing some part numbers is what messed me up to a point. I have misplaced the instruction sheet for the SuperSport45, but I did order the wrong rudder (I got the Mini Rudder which is what I needed for the Brand X Sport20 ;) I see you list a Mini Wedge rudder for your SS21...I haven't seen a wedge rudder anywhere...who has them?

Thanks again for that extensive list of parts!

Tim

Thanks everybody for the info...At least I am pointed in the right direction now.

Phil, Speedmaster changing some part numbers is what messed me up to a point. I have misplaced the instruction sheet for the SuperSport45, but I did order the wrong rudder (I got the Mini Rudder which is what I needed for the Brand X Sport20 ;) I see you list a Mini Wedge rudder for your SS21...I haven't seen a wedge rudder anywhere...who has them?

Thanks again for that extensive list of parts!

Tim
SPDR-005-H HYDRO Mini Rudder assembly, This is the small 21 rudder. All the speedmaster rudders are wedge rudders.

The other 21 rudders are longer made for mono with a long L mount and hydro with the shorter L mount

here is a diagram of the hardware for the 45 I cut down the rudder some.

This is old setup the rudder shown is not exactly what they have now. But it is the same size.

If youhave an older boat the strut setup is 3/4 deep and at the angle. New boats have the strut at 7/8 and flat on the table.

Latest posts

Back