95 DeWalt

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kish

I am having a difficult time finding any technical information about this boat does anyone have any info ?

Looking for history of the hull , dimensions , builder , just about anything I can get .

I have been on the Madison site and there is nothing much there on this boat .

I have more than enough pictures just no info.

Thanks for your help.

Tim K

Last edited by a moderator:
The master hull rooster has lots of info, hull 8806. Shows all the hull modifications.

It's not quite true on all the mods to the boat being shown in the hull roster. Here is a quick hull history:

The 1995 Jasper/1996 Dewalt was built in 1988 by Ron Jones SR. It was originaly a Turbo Allison powered boat that was re-powered and modified in the Miss Budweiser shop between the 1990 and 1991 seasons. The major changes during this conversion were:

Changing the picklefork depth from about 110" to 126"

Adding rear shoes that projected out from the transom 22" at deck level. These were faired in to the sides of the canoes

Adding tiplets on both sides abaft the vertical tails

Prior to the 1993 season, the sponsons were radiused, reducing the hull length 1" and width 2"

In 1996, the picklefork depth was reduced back to 110" and the canard wing was moved forward and the tiplets were removed

Prior to the 2003 season, the fixed canard wing was removed and a full flying canard was added with the pivot 14" back from the wing's leading edge

Is that enough to get you started?

It's not quite true on all the mods to the boat being shown in the hull roster. Here is a quick hull history:
The 1995 Jasper/1996 Dewalt was built in 1988 by Ron Jones SR. It was originaly a Turbo Allison powered boat that was re-powered and modified in the Miss Budweiser shop between the 1990 and 1991 seasons. The major changes during this conversion were:

Changing the picklefork depth from about 110" to 126"

Adding rear shoes that projected out from the transom 22" at deck level. These were faired in to the sides of the canoes

Adding tiplets on both sides abaft the vertical tails

Prior to the 1993 season, the sponsons were radiused, reducing the hull length 1" and width 2"

In 1996, the picklefork depth was reduced back to 110" and the canard wing was moved forward and the tiplets were removed

Prior to the 2003 season, the fixed canard wing was removed and a full flying canard was added with the pivot 14" back from the wing's leading edge

Is that enough to get you started?

That's the kind of info I was looking for.

Thanks Tim K

How detailed do you want to get? I've been taking measurements off that boat for the last 5 or 6 years :)

How detailed do you want to get? I've been taking measurements off that boat for the last 5 or 6 years :)

That is plenty of detail on the measurements , the boat is already built so it's really the history and Tech info (engine , hull builder etc.) that I am interested in .

This is a resto project that I have been picking away at , alway's interested in pics though LOL.

Thanks

Tim

I am about ready to start building the 96 or 97 Dewalt. Was wandering if anyone could tell me the year of this hull as it is the one i want to build. I have Newtons plans but they have the wide winglets on the side of the rear deck and I think that the one I am after has very slender ones.

Dewalt

Thanks Bob :unsure:

Neither of those pictures has tiplets on the boat. Here is a link to a picture of the Kellogg's Frosted Flakes that clearly shows the tiplets http://www.missmadison.com/photos/gallery5.jpg

Here are some pictures the 1999 Miss Madison. The wing shaped area at the rear is the shape from the bottom of the tiplet. It was left that way due to the shoe being shaped to fit the bottom of the tiplet. These pictures will show it better

http://www.missmadison.com/photos/madparade/parade05.jpg

http://www.missmadison.com/photos/99test02.jpg

http://www.missmadison.com/photos/99test42.jpg

One funny quirk about the 95 DeWalt though is that when it ran on the eastern swing of the tour as the Jaspers it had BOTH rear tiplets. When it changed to DeWalt for the western swing it only had one on the left side. In 1996 they were both removed.

I asked Mike Hanson about it a couple of years ago in San Diego and he said it was an experiment they were trying. I was actually going to build that boat several years ago but the hull I bought wasn't up to the standards I thought it should be considering the cash I paid so I sold it. It had shoes on both sides but there was only one tiplet on the left side. I have a good pic of it from SD with it on there and I'll have to pull some shots from video to show the other side.

Back