84-85 Frank Kenny Toyota/Volvo

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

Time to sart collecting photo's for a new boat I'm going to build. I've always liked the Frank Kenny boats. The 84-85 hull is different. Only one canard ? It only ran 3 races in 2 seasons, before it was destroyed. The hull was Never repaired. That's about all I know ? Thanks dave

I didn't find anything on it, other than it's in the same plan set as the Renault on the Newton Marine site and that it was driven Borgeson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not according to the MHR Mike. It was a two year hull that wasn't successful. If I remember right, that boat was an "also ran" type of boat. It wasn't up to running with the Atlas, Budweiser, Executone or even the decade old Madison. I may have seen that boat in the early 1990s at Arlington Washington's airport, parked under some trees and covered with a tarp. What I was told, at the time, was the boat I saw was owned by Wil Muncey and that he was going to try and drop a big radial engine into it. Never saw it again so I don't know what happened to it after that

Hi,

I have some photos of the 1984-1985 Frank Kenney Toyota / Volvo as the U-13 in 1984 and the U-5 in 1985.

if you need some printed off. PM me on Facebook

Thank you,

Jeff Ayler

Latest posts

Back