8255- 1/8th scale build ML Boatworks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes life a lot easier if you take the cowl out to the edges of the sponsons. Both my 8255 hulls, the Executone and Mutt II have this feature, You can stiffen the center section with cross members.

Lohring Miller
Lohring,

I really like this idea of the completely open center area. Do you also reinforce the cowl to make it stiffer, so that the cowl can better survive a blow-over? Do the cowl hold-downs need to be any "beefier" on this type of configuration?

Doing it this way will make it way easier to put the fuel tank and radio box where I want them to be (very similar to what you have there in the pic).

Thanks.

Dave Schigoda
Look at my photo gallery on my DPS sport 40.
Sam,

Thanks. Nice! I'm not sure if I'm viewing your gallery correctly, but the pics are very small, and its difficult for me to see much detail in the tiny photos. From what I can see, I like the clever motor mounts! How can I make the photos larger?

Dave

It makes life a lot easier if you take the cowl out to the edges of the sponsons. Both my 8255 hulls, the Executone and Mutt II have this feature, You can stiffen the center section with cross members.

Lohring Miller
Lohring,

I really like this idea of the completely open center area. Do you also reinforce the cowl to make it stiffer, so that the cowl can better survive a blow-over? Do the cowl hold-downs need to be any "beefier" on this type of configuration?

Doing it this way will make it way easier to put the fuel tank and radio box where I want them to be (very similar to what you have there in the pic).

Thanks.

Dave Schigoda
I ended up bonding some cheap packing foam to the underside of the cowl on the Executone. The Mutt is a straight epoxy/glass cowl. Epoxy/glass is very flexible and will usually release on a blow over without damage. The problem with the Executone cowl was it was too flexible and came off at the wrong time. I use O rings over pegs at the rear and pins at the front to attach cowls.

Lohring Miller
Lohring,

Thanks!

Lohring Miller
Lohring,

Thanks.

Dave Schigoda
Look at my photo gallery on my DPS sport 40.
Sam,

Thanks. Nice! I'm not sure if I'm viewing your gallery correctly, but the pics are very small, and its difficult for me to see much detail in the tiny photos. From what I can see, I like the clever motor mounts! How can I make the photos larger?

Dave
What's your email address? I'll try that way.

Back