8-32 water fittings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Anyone know where to by these fittigns? I have designed a marine head for my os tr12.. Need fittings..

Thanks

Anthony

Try Hobbytown I dont know if they stock them any more but when I was the boat department I kept severl different sizes from straight to 90 degree. Just a thought

Roy

The 8-32's sound a little big for a .12, the 6-32's should be able to pump plenty of water through your head.

I've only got one small engine that's water-cooled and that's the Webra Speed .11 that I got from Gary Preusse a while ago that is still sitting around collecting dust.

I plan to restrict the flow with some tie wraps or something. I tossed back an forth on the size... They are drilled and tapped now though. Maybe I'll put the 8's in and put an old remote mount needle valve in the line after the engine... That would be cool... It's an old Bob Violet that I never even used... it's never seen fuel or a boat!

I plan to restrict the flow with some tie wraps or something. I tossed back an forth on the size... They are drilled and tapped now though. Maybe I'll put the 8's in and put an old remote mount needle valve in the line after the engine... That would be cool... It's an old Bob Violet that I never even used... it's never seen fuel or a boat!
!CRAP! Anthony send me the remote needle and I will make you some water rstrictors.
PS

send me some pics/info on the head.

This is Darth Rigger ready to race. :ph34r:

Roy

Why wouldn't that work? Too restrictive you think? It's not set up like a 3rd channel needle, just remote. What kind of water restrictor are you talking about? I'm thinking something like a needle valve would be pretty cool in that application...

!CRAP! Anthony send me the remote needle and I will make you some water rstrictors.
PS

send me some pics/info on the head.

This is Darth Rigger ready to race. :ph34r:

Roy

You might be able to fill the water fittings with JBweld then drill out the fittngs to a size that allows the engine to heatup.

I want the system to be easily tuned. If nothing else I will use a vacuume line tee and put a screw in the vertial end and screw it in further to restrict more.... i think the needle valve may work...

I want the system to be easily tuned. If nothing else I will use a vacuum line tee and put a screw in the vertical end and screw it in further to restrict more.... i think the needle valve may work...
Until it clogs up with crap in the water then it will really restrict the water flow. I believe in bleeding off the water instead.

I started putting this together last night.... MY cooling head is HUGE!!! Way to big... Its diameter is nearly as bug as the air cooled head!!! too funny... I'm still going to run it though. It could cool a freakin 90!!!!

I'm going to start a thread on water restrictors...

Anthony

I have been making brass tubing soldered up and drilled out to what ever thousant I would like to try.I had 25 different sizes in my box back in the day.Real easy to change out too.Just put inline the water pickup line.

Roy

Back