69 notre dame drivers helmet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddieh

I had someone request one of my drivers for the 69 notre dame, he sent me a pic but the helmet isn/t too clear, does anyone know what style helmet the driver wore in 1969, was it a plain visorless helmet, old style full face? 60's style with a sunvisor?? any help would be appreciated...

I had someone request one of my drivers for the 69 notre dame, he sent me a pic but the helmet isn/t too clear, does anyone know what style helmet the driver wore in 1969, was it a plain visorless helmet, old style full face? 60's style with a sunvisor?? any help would be appreciated...
Sometimes 60's style with a black sunvisor, other times with a full plexiglass faceshield. I have pics both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes 60's style with a black sunvisor, other times with a full plexiglass faceshield. I have pics both ways.
Thank you harry!!! appreciate it!!

That picture is actually from later, maybe 1971. Different driver. But it does now give you three different style helmets to choose from.
The caption says it's a picture of the Karelson Notre Dame, so while the picture is a bit later, wasn't it the same boat?
Same boat, but he specifically asked about the helmet in 1969. Not sure if the precise year really mattered to him or not, that's why I said he had three possible choices for helmet configurations.

I'm looking in my 1969 Seafair program. Different boat, same helmet.
Well, you are half right. It is the same helmet, but it also is the same boat. The unfortunate part is the picture in the 1969 Seafair program as well as the pictures I have of the other two helemts are all too small and grainy to give much detail of such things. But for the purposes of answering the question, any of the three helmet styles seem to work. Just make sure it is orange.

Well, you are half right. It is the same helmet, but it also is the same boat. The unfortunate part is the picture in the 1969 Seafair program as well as the pictures I have of the other two helemts are all too small and grainy to give much detail of such things. But for the purposes of answering the question, any of the three helmet styles seem to work. Just make sure it is orange.

Thank you again Gentleman, I gave as much info as I was given, and now after some emails it was for the driver leif ericsson, and that seems to be a plain helmet with a plexi facemask. and this mask flips up? hmmmm

but thank you one and all, I love SCALE!!!

Thank you again Gentleman, I gave as much info as I was given, and now after some emails it was for the driver leif ericsson, and that seems to be a plain helmet with a plexi facemask. and this mask flips up? hmmmm

Well, it wasn't the viking, but it was Leif Borgerson. :)

I will send you the picture I have with that style helmet. Send me your email addy. As I said it is a little grainy, but you can at least see it.

I am sorry if someone took my remarks as being antagonistic, I was just trying to give you as complete of information as I could. It appears that Leif actually used three different type helmets, based upon the input here and the phtoto documentation everyone has come up with. So it appears that you can't go too far wrong.

Good luck with the driver and to the boat owner with his new driver.

Well, it wasn't the viking, but it was Leif Borgerson. :)

I will send you the picture I have with that style helmet. Send me your email addy. As I said it is a little grainy, but you can at least see it.

I am sorry if someone took my remarks as being antagonistic, I was just trying to give you as complete of information as I could. It appears that Leif actually used three different type helmets, based upon the input here and the phtoto documentation everyone has come up with. So it appears that you can't go too far wrong.

Good luck with the driver and to the boat owner with his new driver.
Thanks Harry, my email addy is [email protected] at least I won't have to add horns to the helmet LOL....

I really appreciate all the help, and Harry Thanks for posting the pics of the 72 Bud, I just got my new Phil Thomas Shovel, (man it is beautiful) and am going to be painting her up as the 68 (U-12)

Back