53'' atlas van lines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotha

This is a scratch build for fun, and as inexpensive as i can. I just mounted the engine it's a little high but i did not want to cut into the deck so i will live with it. The cowling is going to be a challenge any ideas would be helpful. I'm trying to keep it as close to the 1980 boat as i can. I have a wrap to center header on order.

IMG_1435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My 80 Atlas (unfinished) is approx. 57 1/4" from transom to tip of sponson. I had a friend make a plug, mold, and first Part cowl from epoxy glass. It is super-light, and PERFECT. It sounds like my length # is longer than yours, and thus my scale may be 1/5 th scale -vs- your 1/6th scale??

The good news is that a slightly bigger cowl may help cover the Gas Motor. I will take pictures of the cowl and send them to you if you send me a PM.

David Jensen

This is a scratch build for fun, and as inexpensive as i can. I just mounted the engine it's a little high but i did not want to cut into the deck so i will live with it. The cowling is going to be a challenge any ideas would be helpful. I'm trying to keep it as close to the 1980 boat as i can. I have a wrap to center header on order.

Sorry David, but your boat is 1/6th scale while the 53" boat is 1/6.45 scale.

My 80 Atlas (unfinished) is approx. 57 1/4" from transom to tip of sponson. I had a friend make a plug, mold, and first Part cowl from epoxy glass. It is super-light, and PERFECT. It sounds like my length # is longer than yours, and thus my scale may be 1/5 th scale -vs- your 1/6th scale??
The good news is that a slightly bigger cowl may help cover the Gas Motor. I will take pictures of the cowl and send them to you if you send me a PM.

David Jensen

Hey Junkie, who you hiding from... you don't post your name??

I do appreciate your comment and calculation though...

I was not sure about the scale myself. But it appears to me that this "recreational boater" (or as you call him 1/6.45 Scale Guy) may not know his exact scale ratio #'s, nor did I for sure without doing some research (that is why I did not post specific scale ratio, however, a guess),... but I did suspect that my "scale" may have allowed a little more room for his Gas Motor??? I'm fairly confident he won't be racing in an event in which he will be required to provide scale documentation to authenticate scale dimensions, rather he wants his boat to look relatively Scale... that is what I am trying to assist.

Thanks,

David Jensen

Sorry David, but your boat is 1/6th scale while the 53" boat is 1/6.45 scale.

David Jensen

Last edited by a moderator:
Back