3rd Channel Needles...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one of Don's needles and can't wait to try it in my hydro.. Been running without 3rd channel the whole time. Very possible to run that way. 3rd channel can get you into trouble if you get greedy!!
Charley

Charley:

Take the time to look this tech note out. There is no reason to ever get greedy if you use the mixture control correctly. It takes some dicipline, but I can guarantee you that if you do this, you will love it.

http://rcboat.com/mixture.htm also check out this tech note http://rcboat.com/mix.htm

Marty Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so how do you guys set up your 3rd channel needles ??

50/50

30/70

20/80

richen only ?

or margin adjustment only ,

just curious ,,

i guess i set mine so i can richen up if i get some crap in the needle during a run..

so i would run mine around 20/80 open

thanks guys

Jason

50/50

30/70

20/80

richen only ?

just curious ,,

i guess i set mine so i can richen up if i get some crap in the needle during a run..

thanks guys

Jason

I set mine up so it starts full rich.. i set it with a flow meter.. on a 21 around 6.. then check the throw.. should go around 3.5 on the meter for full lean ( depends on the motor carb and such for your setup ) that gives me full adjustment and i can go rich or lean.

chris

50/50

30/70

20/80

richen only ?

just curious ,,

thanks guys

Jason
Set your adjustment so you are at middle of needle travel or adjustment range (50/50). Then run the boat & manually adjust the needle by turning the adjusting screw until the boat runs properly. Doing it this way gives you range up or down from the mid point. B)

Since we're on this subject...who makes a good 3 channel radio for adjusting the mixture?
Good....? Seems like all the big radio makers make a decent 3 channel radio these days. I just bought a NOS older model Futaba; a 3pdf. Should do what I need it to, but only has a 3 model memory. The price was right at $65 shipped to my door, complete with 2 new 133 receivers, and all crystals. I picked up a new Hitec 225mg servo for rudder (20 mono), and a pair of Hitec 56hb servos for throttle and 3rd needle.

Back