2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Results and Photos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

Well the 10th Annual NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race is in the books and what a great race.

We had 70 Scale Hydroplanes running 5 different classes that ran 6 preliminary heats over 2 days just to get to the winner take all finals.

We will add more detail and photos over the next week but for now I will post the winner of each class:

1/8 Scale Nitro Class - Adam Putich driving the 2007 Beacon Plumbing

Gas Scale Hydro Class - John Olson driving the 1974 U-95

1/7 Scale Electric Modern Class - Mike Gossler driving the the 1978 Miss Circus Circus

1/7 Scale Electric Vintage Class - Jeff Camphell driving the 1970 Pay n Pak Little Buzzard

1/8 Scale Electric Class - David Newton driving the 2011 Valken.com

Classic Thunderboat Class - Jerry Dunlap driving the 00 Miss Goodwrench

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

Hey JD,

Congratulation of the CT win my Friend.

When I won Sport 40 in Atlanta this year, I believe it was Ray Sametz said: " Every once in a while the old guy get a nut." Not true.

OLD age and Treachery will Overcome Youth and Skill !!!

Thanks for the Pics Jerry and Rob. Trying to get the word out and build the Scale and CT classes some. Every little bit helps !!!

CHEERS !!! Bob

wow that water was just right great pics what is the difference in size of the 1/7 and 1/8 scale?

wow that water was just right great pics what is the difference in size of the 1/7 and 1/8 scale?
Gas Scale is 20% larger than 1/8 scale and is close to 1/6 scale. The 1/7 scale class is an electric class that only runs in the Pacific NW

You can find out about the Gas Scale class at www.pnwta.org

Marty

Was going to show up and codrive for Jerry. But been too sick the last week to make it out. Looks like he did not need me anyhow. :)

Well the 10th Annual NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race is in the books and what a great race.

We had 70 Scale Hydroplanes running 5 different classes that ran 6 preliminary heats over 2 days just to get to the winner take all finals.

We will add more detail and photos over the next week but for now I will post the winner of each class:

1/8 Scale Nitro Class - Adam Putich driving the 2007 Beacon Plumbing

Gas Scale Hydro Class - John Olson driving the 1974 U-95

1/7 Scale Electric Modern Class - Mike Gossler driving the the 1978 Miss Circus Circus

1/7 Scale Electric Vintage Class - Jeff Camphell driving the 1970 Pay n Pak Little Buzzard

1/8 Scale Electric Class - David Newton driving the 2011 Valken.com

Classic Thunderboat Class - Jerry Dunlap driving the 00 Miss Goodwrench

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org
One important achievement that I don't want to overlook is that Adam Putich not only won the 1/8 Scale Class but he did it with a lot of class :p !!!! He won each of his 6 preliminary heats along with the final for a perfect day of 2800 points - This was not an easy task with the caliber of racers at this event... I have raced with Adam for many years and he has become one of the best racers we have in the NW....

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Attached is a Group Photo of most of the drivers at the 2013 NW Scale Championship Race - Not so easy getting everyone to pose for a photo - Had to threaten no more racing until we took it....

Marty

Group Photo 2013 NW Scale Champ Race .jpg

Congrats to Adam on his second perfect event of the season. He won at the R/C Unlimiteds Columbia Cup back in July with a perfect 2000 point day then as well

Back