2009 Northwest hydroplane championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck899

Northwest championships

Here is a link to some pics from day 1 of the 2009 northwest hydroplane championships at Twin Lakes in Washington. It was an absolutely gorgeous day with highs of around 62 degrees or so. Sunny skies and very little wind. Not sure of the total entries but we had lots of boats, excellent racing and great times. Marty and the guys did an excellent job with Al Waters on the CD stand. I'll post pics and hopefully some results from day two on sunday. There was also the vegas boats that ran saturday and they were alot of fun to watch....I'll try to get the results from those as well..... For me its been alot of fun seeing old faces and meeting new ones as well.

cheers

Northwest championships

Here is a link to some pics from day 1 of the 2009 northwest hydroplane championships at Twin Lakes in Washington. It was an absolutely gorgeous day with highs of around 62 degrees or so. Sunny skies and very little wind. Not sure of the total entries but we had lots of boats, excellent racing and great times. Marty and the guys did an excellent job with Al Waters on the CD stand. I'll post pics and hopefully some results from day two on sunday. There was also the vegas boats that ran saturday and they were alot of fun to watch....I'll try to get the results from those as well..... For me its been alot of fun seeing old faces and meeting new ones as well.

cheers
Thanks Duck

2009 Northwest championships

More pics added from day 2 on sunday.....

Paul Jackson running the Olympia Beer was the final winner and drove a super race. Second was David Newton.

Marty Shallenberger won the gas unlimited final with Lohring Miller in second.

The electric unlimiteds (1/7th scale) were cool..... they run the opposite way (same as the real boats). First place was the Eagle Electric followed by the Ol Buzzard Pay N' Pak.

Paul Jackson running the Olympia Beer was the final winner and drove a super race. Second was David Newton.

The electric unlimiteds (1/7th scale) were cool..... they run the opposite way (same as the real boats). First place was the Eagle Electric followed by the Ol Buzzard Pay N' Pak.
SWEET how did you do Duck?

SWEET how did you do Duck?
Had some bad bearings in a Mac....(in the Miss US). Smokin Joes needs more set up time but I had a great time.... Never had time to dial in the T-4. Next year I will be better prepared for scale racing.....Its the race to be at as I'm sure you know.....

cheers

Here is a video of the final won by Paul Jackson driving the Olympia Beer with David Newton second and Kary Case third.....

Duck, did you ever figure out what happened in the heat you got the DNF. I woule have loved to see you get the finish that heat. BTW, your boat got a couple of compliments on how great it looked. I'll ad mine as well, the boat looked great :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for taking all the pictures Rob, I hope you had a great time and will come back next year. Was great to have you out.

Thank you for taking all the pictures Rob, I hope you had a great time and will come back next year. Was great to have you out.
What a start on that final!!!! Rob the picture posted of your boat is awesome!!! I think it might become my new computer background for awhile!!!! Beautiful scale!!!!

Duck, did you ever figure out what happened in the heat you got the DNF. I woule have loved to see you get the finish that heat. BTW, your boat got a couple of compliments on how great it looked. I'll ad mine as well, the boat looked great
smile.gif
No, it was running rich on top end, may have been a tad lean in the mid-range as I was running at half/three quarter throttle at the time....more set up needed. When I was firing it up with David pitting, I commented that it seemed lean on the bench in the mid-range but the screw on the OS 9B is hard to get at during start time.....

But, I had fun and thats all that matters....

It was a great race put on by Marty and the guys and the driving by all the drivers was very good as you can see in that final with 5 guys all hitting the line side by side...

What a start on that final!!!! Rob the picture posted of your boat is awesome!!! I think it might become my new computer background for awhile!!!! Beautiful scale!!!!
biggrin.gif
....Yup, its my new computer desk top....
biggrin.gif
...Jerry takes some really nice pictures....

Thanks Jerry...great to see you and Eric and Greg and Al and David and on and on.....
biggrin.gif

Great photo's. Thanks for comming, was alot of fun racing with you guys.

:p Good pictures & Nice Weather AH"AH Rob didnt get winner his Miss US too bad Will you inspector engine and radio on hull before go there next time :D

Last edited by a moderator:
tongue.gif
Good pictures & Nice Weather AH"AH Rob didnt get winner his Miss US too bad Will you inspector engine and radio on hull before go there next time
biggrin.gif
You betcha Alan, I'll forget the A, B, C, hydros and sport 40 and tunnels......more time into Scales for next year.....
tongue.gif

Hi All-

Wanted to send on a quick result update for the NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race. Rob Duckering has sent videos and photos of the race (links below) As soon as I can get all the photos together I will have the NW Scale Hydroplane Championship website updated. We had 28 nitro scale boats and 27 boats making up the other three classes- I want to thank all that came to the race and in particular all the people that helped with the judging and the equipment set-up and tear down.

Marty

Class results--------

1/8 Scale Nitro

Final

1. Paul Jackson

2. David Newton

3. Kerry Case

1st Conni - Jeff Snell

2nd Conni - Jeff Snell

Thunderboats

1. Marty Shallenberger

2. David Newton

3. Lohring Miller

1/7 Electric Hydroplanes

1. Garry Simmons

2. Jeff Campbell

3. Terry Harmen

Conni- Mike Gossler

Miss Vegas

1. Shawn Warren

2. Greg Roth

3. Paul Dunlap

2009 Northwest championship pictures

Marty,

don't forget the "Best of Show" and the "Show N Go" awards (our favorite).

I hope that I don't mess this one up but wasn't it the Nitrogen Too in Scale Electric (help me with a name), Miss Elam in Gas Scale (Bob Hulliger),

Formula Boats.com (Jim Putich)and the Miss Supertest(Paul Omerzu)in Scale Unlimited.

...and Paul's Miss Supertest scale boat that he ran was built in 1976. It ran really well.

Thanks, Al Waters

Latest posts

Back