1995 T-Plus Scale ?'s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f41stryker

Hey, thinking ahead to the future and I'm interested in building another 1/8 scale. Right now I've got a U-100 Pico American Dream, but I've always loved the T-Plus hydro. There is a company called Hydro & Marine (from Germany) that makes a 1995 T-Plus hull. Their site and their counterpart (finedesignrc.com) also carries the hull but they both seem to offer them as Electric hulls. Has anyone ever used any of the hulls from this company? They seem to hold a lot of electric hydro records but this is gonna be Nitro. And for the ultra-scale buffs, was the 1995 T-Plus always sporting the saltwater scoop? Each pic of it I find on the net it always has the extended scoop, but most pics of it are from San Diego. I know Roger Newtown has plans for it, but I've never built a boat from scratch. Is it really as difficult as it sounds? I guess my next question is where would I get graphics for the 95 boat? Scalerc.com only has decals up to 1993, is there another producer of decals on the net I'm missing? Thanks.

I have the T-Plus from 91-95 both conventional and the 2-wing. I'm reassembling some sets after a break in but I still have those all together. You can check them out at www.prolinemedia.net. I have webshots of two sets of T-Plus hulls. One from '91 and one from '94 at Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it the 1991 hull that was oddly shaped? Are the 92-95 hulls are the same and do they sport the same paint scheme/decals? Thanks, Chris.

Mike, I gotta say, just from the pictures on your website those are some very very nice decals. I'm sorry to hear about your break-in, that's a very sad reflection on our society today. This project will probably be the winter-time boat build (gotta finish my outrigger first). One question for ya... I've had a couple friends get decals made and I believe there is a copyright law that states they have to be distorted by 10% or something because they can't use the copyrighted picture. If I needed one decal (not sure of size yet), could you print that and would it be distorted? Something like this...

Jagermeisterlabel.jpg

The '91 was a conventional with a white red and gray scheme. The 92-95 was black and yellow with similar decal schemes on 2 boats. The 2-wing was the primary and the conventional was the backup.

I can do that decal for ya. That law you speak of applies if you are not licensed to use the image. Most if not all of the corporate images I have are covered by the correct laws as they were part of a library I purchased that includes a license agreement.

I've found two places that sell the hull, Thunderboat Reproductions and Fine Design RC, has anyone ever used either of these hulls? I know Thunderboats has been around for a while, I remember their advertisements in RC Boat Modeler when I used to get it, but the Fine Design boat I haven't seen or heard much about, other than they hold several titles in electric racing.

I have a lot of experience with the Hydro & Marine Hulls in both oval racing and time trials. The H&M fiberglass work is outstanding, and they are very tough yet lightweight. I have the 1/8th Scale H&M T-Plus hull, but likely won't have time to build it this year. The hull is just as it came from the factory, in bright red gelcoat, includes the wing, and has carbon fiber tubing and mat reinforcement in the hull. I was going to list it on eBay this weekend with a reserve price of $450 + shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Back