1983 U-22 Miss Tosti Asti

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Can someone please tell me if the hull for the 1983 U-22 Miss Tosti Asti, MHR# 7422, could be made from the same dropped sponson hull as the 1975/75 OH Boy! Oberto dropped sponson hull? Are they the same hulls?? The dimensions on the MHR are identical, except for a 2ft 5in vs. 2ft 6in tunnel depth.

It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Building a 1/8th scale FE Dropped Sponson hull, and trying to weigh my alternatives for Liveries...

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darin, Here is the Oberto frame. If you need any measurements in 1/8th scale, just let me know. Mike

DSCF0027Large.jpg

DSCF0028Large.jpg

DSCF0029Large.jpg

Darin - Check pics on unlimitedsdetroit.com in "80s - Larry Wilson collection". The Tosti hull was a kind of one-off deal. The afterplane sides were angled & the cowling was an oddball too. Though the MHR shows most dimensions the same, I have seen other info stating the Tosti was 2 feet longer & a couple of inches wider in the air trap and the overall width. Could be tough to verify. It is a great looking boat but if you are going to mod some plans & build it you had better work closely with club officials to make sure you don't get any grief AFTER it's built!

Larry K

Darin - Check pics on unlimitedsdetroit.com in "80s - Larry Wilson collection". The Tosti hull was a kind of one-off deal. The afterplane sides were angled & the cowling was an oddball too. Though the MHR shows most dimensions the same, I have seen other info stating the Tosti was 2 feet longer & a couple of inches wider in the air trap and the overall width. Could be tough to verify. It is a great looking boat but if you are going to mod some plans & build it you had better work closely with club officials to make sure you don't get any grief AFTER it's built!

Larry K
Sounds like sound advice. I think I'll just stick with what the hull was designed for... namely anything on the Newton #106 list, or MHR # 6207.

Would be interested to know what other liveries, outside of 6207, that could be legally made with this hull?? (without completely reconfiguring it, of course.)

Latest posts

Back