1972-1977 Miss Madison Pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

I'm building two scale boats this winter. The first is complete less paint. It's the 1972 Atlas Van Lines MHR 7171 the other is a MHR 7206 Madison. I'm needing pics of Hamm's beer, Starvin Marvin, Barney Armstrong, Miss Lynnwood ! Not sure which boat I want to paint. This pics are proving hard to come by ! Any thing will Be great !

Here is the Hamm's.

Chris Denslow has several pictures on his website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I found in the first link was the 7171 with a twin-turbo equipped engine. That would definately make an interesting model as most wouldn't believe it's legal. I know it's the first time I've seen that hull in that configuration

Something I found in the first link was the 7171 with a twin-turbo equipped engine. That would definately make an interesting model as most wouldn't believe it's legal. I know it's the first time I've seen that hull in that configuration
I know the 7171 started with Rolls Royce, then later switched to Turbo Allison. I'll need to go though My photo's and check The 2 stage ! Thanks !

Columbia Cup 4.jpg

scan0233.jpg

1974 U-71 AVL copy.jpg

The first and third are two of them. Has me wondering how Bill was able to see to drive since his head was lower than the intake plenum. BTW, Dave, the center picture is the 6880 hull and not the 7171

The first and third are two of them. Has me wondering how Bill was able to see to drive since his head was lower than the intake plenum. BTW, Dave, the center picture is the 6880 hull and not the 7171
hj, that was my point, the 6880, 7171 and the 7206 boats all ran the twin turbos with that tall plumbing. i didn't add another 7206 photo because the miss madison is shown in the links you mentioned. i should have posted one photo of each boat with the twin TCs.

i agree, how could the driver see through that plumbing ?

dave w.

Back