1/8Th Scale Rule Understandment

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this rule is in place to safe people money if they run over floating parts, shouldn't this be a rule in every class? I know parts may be cheaper in other classes but that doesn't mean you wanna spend money to replace stuff either???
I'd guess it's a bigger issue in 1/8 scale since the boats have to have scale-correct cowlings, engine covers, and wings. I don't see too many wings in sport 40 or gas sport hydro. If you rig your scale boat to "lose" a bunch of the things which make your boat scale, then you should get dinged.

Jim your right most other classes don't have to worry about wings but cowlings are the issue with them. I like Grim's idea! Lol. Parts are parts, if any come off, yes it could give you an advantage and possibly tear up other boats though.

If this rule is in place to safe people money if they run over floating parts, shouldn't this be a rule in every class? I know parts may be cheaper in other classes but that doesn't mean you wanna spend money to replace stuff either???
This past weekend (Little Thunder Race) in sport 20 class I ran over someone's cowl and was taken out of the heat by it ( luckily only minor damage). Sad part is they went on to finish first (400 points) while I had to settle for a DNF (25 points)
That would be my cowl,I will give you my 400 if you fix my cowl?

That would mean there was 3 cowls that came off! Lol. I didn't see yours. I know Jason and Karla both lost theirs at one point.
default_smile.png

Its the Ryan Hobby rule. Don McKays boat lost the wings in Hobart and it cost me over a hundred bucks to replace my shaft rudder and prop. Keep those parts on the boats or the penalty is stiff.
I still say all that water out there in Hobart Mikey and you found my wing. Sorry about the costs on your boat I do not intend for any of my parts to fall off.

Its the Ryan Hobby rule. Don McKays boat lost the wings in Hobart and it cost me over a hundred bucks to replace my shaft rudder and prop. Keep those parts on the boats or the penalty is stiff.
I still say all that water out there in Hobart Mikey and you found my wing. Sorry about the costs on your boat I do not intend for any of my parts to fall off.
Tell um Don, Baldie you no driving SOB.
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
:lol:
default_laugh.png

i only had a wing fall off once during practice (but i did it right), boat went straight up sideways, vertical touched the water, one vertical fell off exiting turn 1

I came down the front straight, lost the other vert and horizontal exiting turn 2....

so kept running a few more laps trying to not run over my own boat....

by the time I came back, we couldnt find all the wings cuz they were spread out all over the course....shut down the pond for 20 minutes searching for boat parts...

I ended up only losing the wing struts....GOOD DEAL!

Sam lives in Kentucky,its a word. Dick wants wings to fall off to sell more fins
default_ohmy.png
default_ohmy.png
Ray more popcorn please

I have a couple more questions.

In Scale if I finish in 2nd and my boat dies coming back to the pits, do I still get 2nd or a DNF.

yes.. that is as long as you did not cut the course, strike a buoy or hit another boat in the time "after" the race.

I think I understood your question right.

Grim

Back