1/8 Scale Allison Dummy Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
Where can I get a kit or a good representation of the engine that the U-3 team runs now? I have a plan sheet of an Allison that Roger Newton Drew but it doesn't seem to be the same. I know there are some cast ones out there. There's a photo of the Vacationland.com on Phil Thomas' site that is just what I'm looking for.

Rich

Larry Kraemer out of WA has an Allison and Turbo Allison for $50.00.

[email protected]

I've never asked anybody who made their engines because I didn't have a need but sometime next year I'll be in the market for a RR Merlin.

Anybody have an opinion on who makes the most realistic and cost?

[email protected]

I've never asked anybody who made their engines because I didn't have a need but sometime next year I'll be in the market for a RR Merlin.

Larry also makes the RR Merlin, cost same as the Allison.

good luck

Ralph

[email protected]

Larry also makes the RR Merlin, cost same as the Allison.

good luck

Ralph
I have a copy of his 1/8 scale accessories....very reasonably pricing. Would you happen to have a pic of his engines assembled?

Also does anybody have a pic of McIntire's and pricing?

http://www.lousfastrc.com/RPBoatStuff.htm This looks like the one to me Glenn!
Nice detail on his engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have both Merlin and Allison kits. Mine are complete you don't need to make your own turbo's. I love it when rumors start.

Email me at [email protected] for more info and pics. I tried to add them but had trouble posting them.

Thanks Troy

Here's the link to Troy's merlin & allison kits shown both as parts & assembled-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=33

And a quote from Troy-

"Here are pics of kits and finished engines. The finished Merlin has oval stacks but I have traditional round stacks also. And the Allison can be finished with either rearward or forward facing exhaust when assembling. Thanks Troy"

Here's the link to Troy's merlin & allison kits shown both as parts & assembled-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=33

And a quote from Troy-

"Here are pics of kits and finished engines. The finished Merlin has oval stacks but I have traditional round stacks also. And the Allison can be finished with either rearward or forward facing exhaust when assembling. Thanks Troy"
Don, thanks for posting the pics of Troy's engines.

Anybody have a pic of Kraemer's?

Hi All

My engine did come from Troy and It did have the turbos with it. the good thing i like about it is that it FLOATS when it gets knocked off

I love the rumors too Tory LOL

See ya Harry G

Does anyone know if just the exhaust headers are available from anyone? I need them for this cowl.. thanks Tony J

Troy McIntire also sells them for both shapes that were used.

Back