Hey Tom, How about a Video Gallery?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Jr.

Hey Tom, It would be cool if we had a Video Gallery also. A place to at least put links to our videos that is seperate and saved. I know you do so much for this site already and this is another chore for you, but I was just thinking it would be cool. Maybe its because I live in chicago and I cant run boats right now Im itchen to see others running :D

Larry Gempp Jr.

Larry,

A very good idea, but there are already a lot of FREEwebsites to host videos, even for more then 10 mb files. Just a link and thats it.

Ronald.

Tom used to have a fantastic video gallery but must have dropped it when the site was rebuilt I guess because of cost. A links page would be a great way to get to the videos, which are often very hard to find.

There are 2 that I know of that boaters use, www.putfile.com and www.rcflix.com . The first one has no strings attached and can be used for anything other than the usual "Adult" and so forth. The second one is owned by Steve Vacarro (offshoreelectrics.com) but requires membership to view videos, no big deal to sign up for and is restricted to R/C boats only, both pix and vids. The upside of Steve's is that file size is unlimited but if you have a really large vid to post, it is nice if you do ask him first before uploading it.

Tom would probably gladly host video files if it didn't drastically eat into the bandwidth of intlwaters.com

Well then just a spot to put the links then so you dont have to surf around for them. The links dont take up tons of space does it?

Larry

Video uploads have always been allowed to the http://gallery.intlwaters.com members photo gallery. I tried one as a test and did have some problems. I guess I had the file size limit too small for most videos. I raised the file size so we should have no problems now.

I think it would be best if all the rc boating pictures and videos were in 1 location like the photo gallery. I would encourage everyone to upload as there is plenty of bandwidth and storage space on the server.

MikeP

Hey Tom Moorehouse!

I tried uploading a 10 MB .wmv file to the Gallery. It didn't go. What is the max file size we can put up there? Any special trick to uploading video the Gallery?

Later!

Ed Radz

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back