whats the best way

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hugh hargett

I want to free up a x432 on my 16th scale . I stepped down to a 427 to get the motor temps down which worked but it cavitated alot. the x427 is raw so that may be an issue, but the 432 did well just got too hot. motor can take it and speed control did too, but I still want to get a more efficient setup. Whats the best prop mod for this situation and how do I do It. mind you im just trying to learn a little about props I dont know didly about tweaking props. I still will buy many props, I just want to play a little with this not so serious boat. Loaded I should be around 50k. Whats they way to go?

I think that a bar cut on the prop should make the motor feel like its spinning a smaller prop, it has worked for me.

Detounge will get rid of some blade area and lower amps,but 50k is way above the efficiently range of our props.

Not for a 432 JIM, Super small prop 2 s sport hydros call for a 4400 kv or better motor so 3s just takes you there.You remember the astroflight .05s turned 50 grand back in the day. My trinity oval man made a nice 7.2 cell motor it turned 50 grand too. I do plan to put the right battery in the setup an see what it does before detounging the 432 for sure.

I think that a bar cut on the prop should make the motor feel like its spinning a smaller prop, it has worked for me.
I thin I stubled across the .7 radii thing. I moved the bigger prop up out of the water a little and it took the load off the motor. It ran better without cavitation .

Hugh

Back