How am I lookin'?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so there is a Sirio .15 5 port w/turbo head, MACS 2.5 pipe, Octura .15 flywheel, Speed Master hardwear, V937/3 by Props 4 You, Hitec 525bb mg rudder, and hs 81 for the gas, 6.0v 1450mah NiMH reciever pack by me, and the new Hitec HIS-03MK programmable reciever. The reciever is my favorite part. It is a 3 Channel FM but it has a PCM kind of feature that should there be weak signal or interfearence, it will move the throtle servo to a preset position. It also will switch shift for you 75 mhz guys. Oh yeah, the LED on it tells the reciever pack voltage. ;)

Adam

Looking good!

It is a safe bet you can shorten the rudder a little for more speed.

Adam,

Nice looking propeller :lol: :lol: :lol: . I would cut the extra strut material

of the top of the strut once you get it adjusted. I would also like to see a

90 degree water fitting on the rudder so the water line will lay flat. And do

you have a Grimracer fuel cell? Other than those few items, I think you will

be ready to light up the water.

Looks Killer,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mark on the prop, fine job you did. The rudder will get the hack and so will the extra on the strut. Does anyone have the strut deapth? Ball park? I set it up per instructions but I would like confermation. The 90 degree sounds like a great idea; not wanting to act like a jet ski :lol: As for the tank... personally I like to see the fuel in the tank :( I know that might be a bad thing, but chalk it up to me being a car guy ;)

Adam

Before reading on, after seeing the first pic, i said **** that prop looks sharp.

Then when you said it was one of marks,

Boat looks great.

Tom

Starting belt, a cheap and easy score. Go to a Sewing machine repair shop and see if they have any used belts. They change them a lot on repairs and trade-ins. The place that I went to the repairman had a box full of them for me to take my pick of and got them dirt cheap. Most are worn on the sides which helps the belt to fit better in the flywheel groove.

If you still want that starting belt; send me an address....I've got a small one around here somewhere I can send.

Looks great.......I may have to get one next :rolleyes:

Great job on you're new boat! I just love to see all these 12s comming out of the wood work. You won't believe how fast these boats can be.

Nice work,

Don ;)

wow, nice boat, im thinking of getting one for my birthday present or something. how much does the kit cost? where did you get the elmo likes colors sticker from?? :lol: :D

edit: is that a car engine? why do you have a water pick up? only .12 engines can fit in there? what is that fin for on the right sponson?

wow, nice boat, im thinking of getting one for my birthday present or something. how much does the kit cost?
Go for it! easy comming together, but I did not do the wood build up. http://climateboatworks.bizland.com/store/page13.html

where did you get the elmo likes colors sticker from??
That would be my daughter's place mat. The kitchen table has been taken over!!

is that a car engine?
Yup.

why do you have a water pick up?
The speedmaster rudder comes with one.

only .12 engines can fit in there?
Mine is a .15, so no. But I would guess you could fit a .21 in there...Tom?

what is that fin for on the right sponson?
That would be a turn fin. It grabs the water in right hand turns making the boat turn as if it were on rails.

Adam

well, ill try to get a good grade in summer school, maybe i can get one for that, and a radio for good grades for the first quarter of school, and the engine for my birthday present. thatll be around 5 months, but i think its worth the work

Edit: if i buy one good radio with one of those computers on it like the aggressor srx, do i have to buy anymore?, i dont care if im always using the same radio, i just want to save money. if you have a turn fin on each sponson, would it be a super boat?

If you buy a PCM radio from Futaba or JR you will not need another one for a long time. If you buy a computer radio from Hitec you will be buying another one as soon as you try to race. ;)

If you buy a PCM radio from Futaba or JR you will not need another one for a long time. If you buy a computer radio from Hitec you will be buying another one as soon as you try to race. 
Actually I run my Caliber 3PS that has done me quite well for several years. B) I have long since run out of model memmory about 5 cars ago :blink:

About the Hitec warranty, Hitec is about 20 min from my house so the extended warranty applys B)

is hitec the worst brand or something? i always thought it was pretty good and it was a cheaper version of futaba

Back