• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Cowl Locks

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Smoke

I'm looking for some cowl locks for my thunderboat. Push type locks. Need 2 pairs. Thanks in advance!

I have set of Prather cowl locks. Brand new. I took them out if the packaging though. I paid 20 bucks for a set. What's you email. I'll send a picture if your interested.

aquacraft ones are the best i have ever used.go to tower hobbies
Way too small for my application
i don't know why.i use them on everything,from 40 hydro to twin hydro.locks the cowl on better than anything else
I think I have decided to go with something that wont be visible, like earth magnets
Good move > as I said before Thay last for a lifetime .......... Get ahold of Jeff at Insaine boat's he has them ...

i don't know why.i use them on everything,from 40 hydro to twin hydro.locks the cowl on better than anything else
I think I have decided to go with something that wont be visible, like earth magnets
Good move > as I said before Thay last for a lifetime .......... Get ahold of Jeff at Insaine boat's he has them ...
I think they are better for my application. I want to keep the outside of the boat looking clean. I went here and purchased them.......http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
To me.. Rare earth magnets are an accident waiting for a happening. The LAST thing I want are more parts floating around the race course for people to whack. I want ALL the parts to stay with the boat. AND I KNOW regardless of how strong you feel they are holding.. the parts WILL hydraulic off!

But.. that’s just me.

Grim

To me.. Rare earth magnets are an accident waiting for a happening. The LAST thing I want are more parts floating around the race course for people to whack. I want ALL the parts to stay with the boat. AND I KNOW regardless of how strong you feel they are holding.. the parts WILL hydraulic off!

But.. that’s just me.

Grim
For me the earth magnets are great. They dont compromise the exterior looks of my boat and they hold very well. As we all know, magnets can hold an incredible amout of weight. It depends on their locations and the sizes of them. Parts shouldnt be floating around unless your flippin your boat. Also, I dont race I only sport boat so I dont need to worry about other boats

But.. that’s just me.

Grim
+1

i just ordered more of these from tower...these are the locks i use on my twin and they are awesome..i soon will convert all my boats to them..great product grim
+1

Back