Winston Eagle and Winston Eagle Select

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniczar

I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the Winston Eagle and the Winston Select, but I honestly am not educated on this. I am sure there is someone else out there that knows, and I would greatly appreciate if anyone could share this. Would the 8700 Winston pass for the Winston Select?

David the 8700 and the 9210 looked almost identical. The only difference other than a foot in length was that the "Select" had different nose. On the 8700 the nose extended past the canard as it did when it was the Circus. The 9210 didn't, it faired in and stopped flush with the canard. Other than those two items they are pretty close to the same.

Ok thank you Mike and Phil. Hey Mike, I did not forget you on the email, I am sorry I didnt get it to you when we talked, but I will email you today. Thank you guys.

I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the Winston Eagle and the Winston Select, but I honestly am not educated on this. I am sure there is someone else out there that knows, and I would greatly appreciate if anyone could share this. Would the 8700 Winston pass for the Winston Select?
David,

The Select hull was actually the "lobster" hull that failed to work, Lucero dragged it around all season and worked on it.

We watched most of the hardware go in at Fairlane Tool in Roseville, Mi.

David,

The Select hull was actually the "lobster" hull that failed to work, Lucero dragged it around all season and worked on it.

We watched most of the hardware go in at Fairlane Tool in Roseville, Mi.
In 1992 they race the select hull at Smithville Lake Missori. I hull ran O.k Hull was Very good in Rough water.

From the sounds of it, a model of the 1991 (8700 Hull) would not pass for the Select then.

Back