Whiplash Sport20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Blazer

Supporting Member
8 Days before the Celina race, I decided to get a CMB Valvola engine for the sport20. I emailed Stu and ordered the engine. I received it last Tuesday. I ordered a quiet pipe from Al Hobbs on Monday and received it on Thursday. I then put everything in the boat, ran the engine to break it in, then tested on Friday for the race on Saturday/Sunday. After some needle adjusting and prop changing, the boat started to come alive. At the end of the test session, we were consistantly in the 59-62mph range. We then put the boat in one more time and the battery decided to stop working, so the boat went into the bank at about 55mph. We got lucky though and only had to repair the left sponson. By Friday night at 11:30, I had the boat clamped up for the epoxy to dry. Left for Celina at 5:00am with clamps still on the boat.

Dad and I put everything back in the boat, fixed the prop, the rudder, and sanded the sponson repair Saturday morning.

1st heat: 1st place

2nd heat: 1st place

3rd heat: 1st place.

Thanks to Stu Barr, Al Hobbs, my Dad, my Wife (for putting up with me), Alan Elzer for the rough water prop and David Roach.

The boats are temporarily unavailable as we try to find someone to laser cut the kits.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Back