Whiplash Sport20 with Paint!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Blazer

Supporting Member
CAN'T WAIT!!!!

isowithpaint.JPG

isowithpaintnocowl.JPG

April 2nd initial test results:

I am very pleased with the performance of the hull. Early on, the boat was clocked at 50mph. After that reading, we put a smaller turnfin on, cut 5/8" off the rudderblade changed props and gained at least another 5mph.

The "lets go fast" prop was an H4, pitched up to 3". It can pull more but we ran out of time. It was awesome to get to the lake and smell the nitro!!!

The MAC .21 is an awesome motor (borrowed from David Roach..thanks buddy!).

Pipe was the Russian equivalent to the OPS 3280

RTR weight: 5.25lbs

With more time, we will see speeds in the low 60's.

We even ran with a big gas cat (mid 50's), going in and out of his wake with no problems with the attituded.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Now THAT is a trick lookin' little boat. Just what I needed to see to get me a little more motivated on my Whiplash sport 40 kit I have here. ;)

:) Nice Cool :huh: where will you put fuel tank (what size)? and how much of ounce tank with hopper? <_<

:) Nice Cool :huh: where will you put fuel tank (what size)? and how much of ounce tank with hopper? <_<
Fuel tank holds 8.5oz. It is in the picture, across from the radio box. I will have a 2oz hopper tank in front of the engine.

Brian
Great good enough room but :ph34r: show me turn fin? are you make turn fin kit? price? also doctor metal tank price? let me know

Allan,

I will give the tank dimensions to Walt Barney. I made my own, but Walt does a much better job. I make turnfins...I have two different sizes for this boat to test...I will sell the best. The fins I sell are bent on a CNC folding machine out of stainless. I do not sell sharpened fins due to the time involved.

Ron

kits are only $125.00.

All pieces are aircraft grade birch cut from a CNC router. Cowl is epoxy vac bagged. Jig is luan, pine and fiberboard. 12 pg instructions with full size plan view. 1st class all the way.

Brian

the bellcrank for the needle is ingenious. a neat solution . i love the wood paint combo. looks good

Great looking boat .. very professional

so when can we get some of those whiplash decals to go on Sports 40's and gas boats..... :) :) :)

Great Job Brian, very good looking boat, makes my hands rub, gotta have one, now who else down here do I need to get to order a couple more to make a class...............Hey Larry :D

Brian, That is a great looking boat!! I am curious about the open "bulkheads" What is the design principle behind them? I'm guessing you really want to make extra the sure the interior is well sealed? My Paynpak is only a few hours from completion & now I'm totally jealous! Maybe I'll have 2 sport boats in the fleet!

JOE

Brian, That is a great looking boat!! I am curious about the open "bulkheads" What is the design principle behind them? I'm guessing you really want to make extra the sure the interior is well sealed? My Paynpak is only a few hours from completion & now I'm totally jealous! Maybe I'll have 2 sport boats in the fleet!

JOE
All of the frames that can have holes in them have holes. I go with the philosophy if it is just along for the ride, get rid of it. The center of the frames do nothing for strength. They are removed to make the boat lighter and allows fresh air to get inside the boat. Wood boats have seams that open up and a lot of times, you don't know you have a seam opened up until the wood is rot. By having the frames open, you just shake the boat out and let the air dry the inside.

Thanks for the compliment.

Brian

really, really nice work Brian! Do you have a hole drilled at the top of the cowl for the water to come out of the head?

Rodney, I will put a small piece of fuel line on the water outlet so it comes up thru the air intake.

Larry, we will be testing the boat on Sunday. Weather is going to be 72 degrees!!!! Spring is here!!!! I will let everyone know how the testing goes.

Brian

Just got back from the lake, as Dickey V would say - "totally awesome baby" The new whiplash 20 looked and handled great. Its "THE BOMB". This is going to be a fun class. Bob

Just got back from the lake with Brian Blazer.Testing the new sport 21 hydro and all I can say is what a awesome running Boat. I need to paint mine and it will be ready for testing can't wait.

Dave Roach

Back