Whiplash Sport20 Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Blazer

Supporting Member
I have the kits cut out and the cowl mold drying. If all goes well with the mold, I will start vac bagging cowls this week. You guys are going to love the look! Thanks for your patience.

Brian

Brian,

I would like mine with a carbon cowl, is this going to be possible?

Thank You,

Mark Sholund

Brian,

Your Address Please? How much is one built 90%? Or is that not an option?

I have some carbon and some other pretty cool looking stuff. I didn't see your address on your

web site?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian, what rudder are you recommending for your sport 20 kit & does the turn fin come with the kit?

I will let you know on Sunday if the weather cooperates. I have a mini on now, but I don't like how far up on the rudder the water pickup is...I would assume the engine gets water since that is what it is made for. The turnfin doesn't come with the kit. The price of the kit with vac bagged epoxy cowl is only $125. You can't go wrong.

brian

Brian are you going to make it to the Spring Nats in Atlanta. Sure hope so would like to see the fleet "In the Wood", so to speak....... :D

Brian, what rudder are you recommending for your sport 20 kit & does the turn fin come with the kit?

I will let you know on Sunday if the weather cooperates. I have a mini on now, but I don't like how far up on the rudder the water pickup is...I would assume the engine gets water since that is what it is made for. The turnfin doesn't come with the kit. The price of the kit with vac bagged epoxy cowl is only $125. You can't go wrong.

brian

How did you like the mini rudder and who's turn fin did you mount onto your hull?

I have gotten to the point where I am putting the 1/8 x 1/8 spruse along the ribs.

First time building a wooden hull and am having a ball!

The gas build pics on JRCBD have given me some pointers in the building of my 20 whip.

looking forward to hearing more input as to how others have there setups for there hulls. In this way we can all help in expanding this new class.

Brian Blazer ran the speedmaster mini rudder assy. on his sport 20 and it work fine.I have one on my boat and Brian and I cut of .750 off the lenght and the boat went faster.As far as turn fins Brian turn fin is working great.

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Back