whiplash sport 40 question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletch51

I have been rebuilding a Whiplash Sport 40 for a while now.

I don't have the original plans and was hoping if someone knew what strut depth is a good starting point, or how to determine it using a level surface?

Thanks, Fletch

I have been rebuilding a Whiplash Sport 40 for a while now.I don't have the original plans and was hoping if someone knew what strut depth is a good starting point, or how to determine it using a level surface?

Thanks, Fletch
Hi. It is really a preferance on how you like your boat to ride. A good place to start would be just make the strut (center of the shaft) a little deeper than the sponson depth. The angle of the strut is more important. Try to keep it close to level with the water line. The Whips are not all that sensitive to set up dos and dont's. There is a wide margin of error. They tend to run pretty good no matter where they are at. The prop will let you know where to set it up. Put it in the pond and let 'er rip.

I hope that this helps.

The Dad

Thanks Bob, it definitely does help.

I probably wouldn't have put the strut right up against the bottom off the hull, but you never know.

That's why I asked here.

Thanks,

Fletch

Latest posts

Back