Whiplash Sport 40 component placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I am in the process of rigging a whip sport 40 and would like to see some pics of radio box set-ups and where you guys placed your steering servo and how you installed your pipe.

Also looking for comments on which header to run to with a 45HR and AB 45 parabolic. I was planning on running a std size servo for steering and two mini's for mixture and throttle.

Any preferred method of mounting the strut? Either from the inside of the transom or from the floor?

Pics would be especially helpful.

Thanks,

Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
when i did my last whiplash i used no header on the pipe i ran the pipe right to the exhaust port with the super coupler it bent much better and allowed me to exit the pipe out the transom just my 2cents

which one are you building the gen 1 or gen 2

when i did my last whiplash i used no header on the pipe i ran the pipe right to the exhaust port with the super coupler it bent much better and allowed me to exit the pipe out the transom just my 2cents
Do you happen to have a picture of that setup?

Thanks.

Do you happen to have a picture of that setup?

Thanks.
sure i do check out my whip pics in my gallery you'll see what i did. it's the yellow boat

Last edited by a moderator:
Any preferred method of mounting the strut? Either from the inside of the transom or from the floor?

Pics would be especially helpful.

Thanks,

Tyler

Tyler,

Sorry no pics, but I mount from the transom. Stronger & less flex than a floor mount!!!

Don :)

Thanks Don,

Now the challenge of figuring out the best place to put the steering servo: in the radio box with a loooong pushrod or in a separate box in the back?

Tyler

Back