Whiplash 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSCARPINO

Could someone send me some pictures and dimensions on exactly where I should mount my

turn fin.

I just need to know:

A) Does the turn fin line up with the outside edge of the sponson.

B) Does the turn fin get sharpened on the outside or facing in toward the hull side.

C) Brian sent me a s.s. turn fin with about 4 bends in it to make it almost look curved....How deep

does it go in relation to the sponson ride pad at the location where the turn fin angle bracket mounts

it to the hull to the very bottom of the turn fin.

D) How far back from where the turn fin mounts to the hull does the rear most end of the turn fin

need to be dimension wise.

Any Pictures or diagrams would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Could someone send me some pictures and dimensions on exactly where I should mount myturn fin.

I just need to know:

A) Does the turn fin line up with the outside edge of the sponson.

B) Does the turn fin get sharpened on the outside or facing in toward the hull side.

C) Brian sent me a s.s. turn fin with about 4 bends in it to make it almost look curved....How deep

does it go in relation to the sponson ride pad at the location where the turn fin angle bracket mounts

it to the hull to the very bottom of the turn fin.

D) How far back from where the turn fin mounts to the hull does the rear most end of the turn fin

need to be dimension wise.

Any Pictures or diagrams would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe
the turn fin should mount right in the center of the backside of the right sponson.. that is where i had my mount and it worked great. i cannot remember the demensions but i think the mount was near the center of everything going on there in that area. ..as for the turn fin i still have mine on my bench for scraping epoxy off the bench.. that is about all it is good for, do yourself a favor and get some 7075 aluminum and bend one up and make the sharpened side the inside .. do not sharpen both sides and try a little curve on it, it worked well on mine. i would make it about 2 inches or so long from the rear of the mount on a whip. hope this helps out.

terry

I mounted mine per Brians instructions, towards the outer edge of the sponson, and it turns GREAT! I sharpened mine on the outer leading edge....there comes a point where the best thing to do is hang it on the boat and then start making little adjustments till it turns the way you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea what he said..lol, and like the instructions show, BUT DONT use Brians fin on that boat, it's way to large and heavy it's made for his gas sport hydro, check with Mike Hughes or Dick Tyndall for a 20 size turn fin, what I used on mine is a Grim Racer turn fin made for the miss vegas, I havent tested it yet but look's perfict for that hull

Thanks All

How about I duplicate Brians but in lets say .063 6061 aluminum.

Do all think that would work.

Thanks everone for all your input.

Joe

Yea what he said..lol, and like the instructions show, BUT DONT use Brians fin on that boat, it's way to large and heavy it's made for his gas sport hydro, check with Mike Hughes or Dick Tyndall for a 20 size turn fin, what I used on mine is a Grim Racer turn fin made for the miss vegas, I havent tested it yet but look's perfict for that hull
i used a grim turn fin on my whip and like roxyflash said, and he is the "whipmaster"..belive me no one knows them better. you need something strong as this hull truns with atthority.. i bent my grim fin on mine , and made one out of 7075 and it worked great.. good luck and happy boating.

tk

Back