Whiplash 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

hey all im setting up my whip 20 and would love to see some pics of engine bay and radio box set up!

also ideas on what hardware works for yall

thanks in advance

hey all im setting up my whip 20 and would love to see some pics of engine bay and radio box set up! also ideas on what hardware works for yall

thanks in advance
My Whip uses a Speedmaster mini motor mount, mini hydro rudder, and small strut....Speedmaster makes awfully nice hardware! I believe that is the hardware that Brian reccomends. Ill try to take some pics unless someone else already has some that they will post. Have fun, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
hey all im setting up my whip 20 and would love to see some pics of engine bay and radio box set up! also ideas on what hardware works for yall

thanks in advance
The engine that you use will make a difference in the set up. I am using the new 5 port Top that Glenn sells. It will be tight but it will work. I am not going to run a thrird channel so that will help give me some more room in the radio box.

Mark

Ive got a Mac in mine...havent run it yet, OPS 3280 pipe with a stinger...I dont have a third channel needle in mine either, i may be wishing that i did...the radio box is definatly tight, but ive seen some other layouts using mini and micro servos and you can set the boat up for 3 servos without too much trouble. Sure is a NICE building boat! I really want to get one of the 5 port Nova Rossi engines, I havent heard a bad thing about em. And for what i paid for my Valvola, i could have bought 2 Nova Rossi's! What a great price!

thanks in advance
The engine that you use will make a difference in the set up. I am using the new 5 port Top that Glenn sells. It will be tight but it will work. I am not going to run a thrird channel so that will help give me some more room in the radio box.

Mark

the top engine is that a fwd or rear exhaust?

thanks in advance

Mark

the top engine is that a fwd or rear exhaust?
I believe that the exhaust faces to the front of the boat...but i think its called a rear exhaust....it goes back to airplane engines...the relation of the exhaust to the propeller.

OPS 3280 pipe with a stinger
Bill, what is ment by "with a stinger" ??

Rick
Marty had me install a piece of brass tubing inside the stinger that is shaped on the end of the pipe.....i dont even remeber how long it is and as silly as this sounds, i honestly dont know why!! ill find out exactly why when i see Marty again! And you think that your a common boater....Ill bet you forgot more than i know about some of this stuff! Ill get back to ya, Bill

OK, so Marty had you install an internal stinger on the pipe!

It is a mufflin device, in lou of running a stinger muffler, or muffled pipe.

Bet it goes in to about the widest point on the pipe.

B/T.W. Thanks for the "vote of confidence" unwarranted, but nice

OK, so Marty had you install an internal stinger on the pipe!
It is a mufflin device, in lou of running a stinger muffler, or muffled pipe.

Bet it goes in to about the widest point on the pipe.

B/T.W. Thanks for the "vote of confidence" unwarranted, but nice
Yup you nailed it :) It also helps the pipe hold a little heat.

Yes, i am a veritable WEALTH of information...am i not Norm...Ha Ha! Hows every little thing? I think ive got everything ordered for the MD20 but the thingamagig from Don Ferrete and the OS needle...progress is slowly being made! Bill

Yes, i am a veritable WEALTH of information...am i not Norm...Ha Ha! Hows every little thing? I think ive got everything ordered for the MD20 but the thingamagig from Don Ferrete and the OS needle...progress is slowly being made! Bill
That is okay you have enough to do in the mean time. It is all a learning process. :)

Back