Whiplash 20 radio setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would like to see this also i have the instructions that shows pics but would like to see a set up in a complete boat also

I would like some pics as well, I am putting the deck on mine and have most of the hardware mounted. the carb hook-up with the NR 35+21 will be a chore to get the pushrod right.

Jeremy, where do you run boats at, I run at the dist 8 races at lake Waughop.

i have ran there as well, its been awhile because i was out of town with work all season, i have also ran with the kitsap county guys

hey Chris thanks for the pics, so let me see if i have this right, (im a noob) the aft servo is steering, middle servo is throttle, and forward is for mixture? one more thing are the linkages through the box home-made or can i buy those somewhere??

Does a rear exhaust engine cause any packaging problems on the Whiplash 20? It looks tight in the linked pictures.

Thanks.

Does a rear exhaust engine cause any packaging problems on the Whiplash 20? It looks tight in the linked pictures.
Thanks.
I'm thinking of building a .21 whip so I'm watching this and all other related threads. I found a pic in this gallery https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=746 showing a rear exhaust setup:

Winston%20Sport%2021%20004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck go for it! the kit is great! easy to put together and Brian is a good dude helping me out a lot (sure yall knew that) i have never built a wood boat and i got through a whip pretty easy so far

100_1222.jpg

made it here with no problems lol

Thanks.
I'm thinking of building a .21 whip so I'm watching this and all other related threads. I found a pic in this gallery https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=746 showing a rear exhaust setup:

Winston%20Sport%2021%20004.jpg
Sorry, when I say a rear exhaust engine I mean an engine that has the exhaust wrap around the side. A front exhaust engine has the exhaust exit over the flywheel. In our boats the engine is installed backwords compared to a plane. Do I have the terminology wrong? I always thought the flywheel end was the front of the engine.

Either way, the side wrapping exhaust looks tight. I'd rather run the exhaust straight over the flywheel.

Yep you have it backwards. A rear exhaust engine in boats, is where the exhaust port exits the backplate side of the engine. Like Chris's does.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Chris thanks for the pics, so let me see if i have this right, (im a noob) the aft servo is steering, middle servo is throttle, and forward is for mixture? one more thing are the linkages through the box home-made or can i buy those somewhere??

all the linkage was home made. if you wanted email my father and talk to him.. he could made you the same linkage stuff

( meaning all of the accuatior parts ) for the throttle.

it is just not designed around a nova rossi.

some else asked about space.. YES it is tight with a nova.. my pipe and header have burned the inside of the boat it is so tight.

chris

all the linkage was home made. if you wanted email my father and talk to him.. he could made you the same linkage stuff

( meaning all of the accuatior parts ) for the throttle.

it is just not designed around a nova rossi.

some else asked about space.. YES it is tight with a nova.. my pipe and header have burned the inside of the boat it is so tight.

chris
Good info. I will stick with a front exhaust engine.

Thanks.

Back