Which engine did the 1970 Miss US use?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Reed

I have a Scale of the 1970 Miss US and the engine that is with it is not complete. I have done as much research as I can and it appears as though the 1970 Miss US ran an Allison engine, but I am not for sure. Does anyone know for sure which engine was used.

Thanks,

Bob Reed

I just looked at a picture on the Newton Marine Website which clearly shows the Merlin valve covers. An Allison has the magneto's mounted on the front of the heads and the valve covers tapered to fit. The picture shows no magnetos and a bulged front to the covers, which means Merlin

Thanks, I will have to try and find the picture you are speaking about. Every article I read spoke of them using Allison engines. The pictures I did find did not look like Allison engines but they were not the best so I could not really tell.

Bob Reed

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I will have to try and find the picture you are speaking about. Every article I read spoke of them using Allison engines. The pictures I did find did not look like Allison engines but they were not the best so I could not really tell.
Bob Reed
Bob

PM me your email address.

I have quite a few pictures of that boat.

Grub

Latest posts

Back