What's the best prop for a sport 20 hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBlaster

I have a pt sport 20 and need advice on the size prop. I have two one a octura 1650 the other is x448. I read it off a prop chart that suggested it for a 3.5cc motor, but are those to big. A club member suggested a 1440. Just need to know what being used. Thank you

A sport 20 would be in the 38 to 44mm range, depending on pitch and all the other variables. Your 48 and 50mm props are more for a 40 sized boat

I have the same boat with a 5port Nova Rossi, 1440 ALL THE WAY! Mine go's like mad. It's my favorite boat to run.

Jason, I think I have a couple of raw M440 props. I'll find them and do one up for you to try.

Buddy

Well dang, that prop chart was way off. Guess I'll have to buy a sport 40 for those props, HaHa. I did come across a 440 prop and a prather 225. I plan on ordering some others.

Buddy that be great if I could try that prop. Thank you. Sport 20 is definitly different from the Vegas hopfully I get it figured out before the race.

Jason,

3.33" of cup on the M-440 and you should be good to go.

Stock it has 3.91" cup which is just a little to high for me.

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Jason, I think I have a couple of raw M440 props. I'll find them and do one up for you to try.

Buddy
I have some props you can try also. I was going to head to the lake, but there is a big blob of green, yellow and red stuff heading this way!

Any of the props that work well on the 21 tunnels work on the sport 20's.I picked up 8mph on radar switching from a M440 to a 1440 cupped to 3.3" when I ran one of Phil's Super Sport 21's with a Novarossi 35+/OPS 3280 in it.

Larry

It's a rossi 21 the one with the square purple head on it.
anything bigger than 40mm will be too much load. M440 octura is good one. The x438/3 x440/3 good too.
Hey, are you guys sure? :huh: I could've sworn I seen another thread talking about the same thing? I went off that thread for my Sport 20 Hydro(Miss Vegas Deuce) and bought this prop. Grim Racer 40 x 52/3 blade: Dia. 40mm Pitch: 52mm. The boat fly's like a R#ped-Ape. :eek: In fact; it's hard to keep on the water and now I'm working on trimming out the boat to accomidate the speed. You guys would know better than Me about Sport 20's. I'm new to it. :)

It's a rossi 21 the one with the square purple head on it.
anything bigger than 40mm will be too much load. M440 octura is good one. The x438/3 x440/3 good too.
Hey, are you guys sure? :huh: I could've sworn I seen another thread talking about the same thing? I went off that thread for my Sport 20 Hydro(Miss Vegas Deuce) and bought this prop. Grim Racer 40 x 52/3 blade: Dia. 40mm Pitch: 52mm. The boat fly's like a R#ped-Ape. :eek: In fact; it's hard to keep on the water and now I'm working on trimming out the boat to accomidate the speed. You guys would know better than Me about Sport 20's. I'm new to it. :)
Put some negative angle in the strut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back