what scale is it?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hugh hargett

Can one of you scale guys tell me what scale would a dumas pay n pak 20 fall under. The u-1 was 28.5 ft I think. This boat is 30 inches so is that roughly a 12th scale or am I looking at it wrong?I hate to create another thread just to ask but out of 3000 plus viewers on the build thread no one had an answer there so I brought it here to the scale forum. Sorry for this somewhat waste of bandwidth.

Hugh

Last edited:
South river has them I just needed to make sure to grab the right one. South River rc has some very nice boat equipment and accessories. They even have Neu motors in stock. Imagine that lol.

Would anybody ever know it was 1/12 and not 1:11.4? I tell you right now I wouldn't. It depends on whether you're modelling a driver who is 6'2" or 5' nothing. ;)

Just so you know, the 1974-75 Pak driver George Henley was six feet tall, plus or minus an inch or two. This height is based on running into him in the pits at SeaFair the summer before his death and comparing his height to my own. Using that as a basis, a full body driver would need to be roughly 6.5-6.75" tall to be correct for him. If you go with the 1973 U-25 paint scheme, driver Mickey Remund was a bit shorter though, not having met him, I can't give you an approximate height

Last edited by a moderator:
Back