What rudder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolschool

I have an 89 Winston Eagle without the rear shoes. I have a speedmaster 60/90 rudder that I would like to put on this boat, but at 5 inches long, this seems alot of rudder for this boat. I thought of cutting in down to 3 inches in length but I'm not too certain. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I destroy a perfectly good rudder blade.

Thanks

Gino

I have an 89 Winston Eagle without the rear shoes. I have a speedmaster 60/90 rudder that I would like to put on this boat, but at 5 inches long, this seems alot of rudder for this boat. I thought of cutting in down to 3 inches in length but I'm not too certain. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I destroy a perfectly good rudder blade.

Thanks

Gino
Gino run it as is first & see how it is. I used the Speedmaster 40 sized rudder full length & uncut on my Winston Eagle which BTW is what all my scale boats run. ;)

Thanks

Gino
Gino run it as is first & see how it is. I used the Speedmaster 40 sized rudder full length & uncut on my Winston Eagle which BTW is what all my scale boats run. ;)
Thanks Don, I'll give it a go.

Anyone else have any experiences/opinions to share??

Gino

Thanks

Gino
Thanks Don, I'll give it a go.

Anyone else have any experiences/opinions to share??

Gino

I used to to cut the Speedmaster rudders down and now I leave them stock length. I came to the conclusion that when the boat got loose in rough water that I still had some rudder in the water and more control. I do grind the bottom of the rudder to a V shape so it is not flat or planing surface.

Mike C.

Back