What is the best way to go???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Johnson

Was wondering what would be the best motor to use in scale boat?? Mac, CMB, K&B, other?? Found a K&B pretty reasonable, but the specs don't match up to that of a Mac. Horespower was like half of the Mac. Anybody got an opinion on this?? Thanks.

Was wondering what would be the best motor to use in scale boat?? Mac, CMB, K&B, other?? Found a K&B pretty reasonable, but the specs don't match up to that of a Mac. Horespower was like half of the Mac. Anybody got an opinion on this?? Thanks.
Don't waste your money on a K&B. I would put my money on a new CMB-HR67 with the ANDY BROWN AB-67 Black or SIlver older pipe, Cooper also makes a great pipe! There are many great scale boat racers around Evansville, they will help you out!!! Doug Shepherd Madison, In

Last edited:
It would seem that the CMB .67 Greenhead is the motor of choice for the most part as they run great AND you can get parts for em...I have a Mac in my boat and it runs great, but there are low end issues that need to be addresed to run it in a scale boat...There are guys still running Picco's and they run great but again no parts..hopefully down the road Picco will be offering a .67 engine again...You can find K&Bs cheap, but again no parts, and im told they wont last long in a heavy boat...ive got a couple of em and will use them in somethin, someday, But as soon as i can, im going to get a CMB Greenie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Doug, anytime I've a question, all the guys here in E'ville been good for an answer. Great group we have here. I know I can ask them, but on here, I can get all kinds of opinions on stuff like this. Thats what's so good about IW. By the way, looking forward to the Madison race this year. Be my first trip, booked our hotel the other day. Gonna stick around and watch the Regatta on Sunday.

Aaron,

I do not have years and years of experiance so take this for what it's worth B)

For ease of tuning and driveability...the CMB .67 greenhead is the way to go right now. I am saying this because, with my limited experience, I have had very good results with this engine in scale.

Put a macs--cmb fat belly black-- or a cooper pipe on it, and off you go! You'll be alot happier spending it now on a good set-up and avoiding headaches. They run good right out of the box when set up properly.

For scales...the driveability, being able to slow when needed and fly when possible, is what's needed. You definately have some great racers in your area with loads of knowledge.

Looks like Madison is going to be a packed house this year! :D That's great! They're a great bunch to hang with. I hope for great weather and great racing all weekend! Big boats,and little ones!

Good luck with your project.

Dan Brandon

Aaron,

For ease of tuning and driveability...the CMB .67 greenhead is the way to go right now. I am saying this because, with my limited experience, I have had very good results with this engine in scale.

Put a macs--cmb fat belly black-- or a cooper pipe on it, and off you go! You'll be alot happier spending it now on a good set-up and avoiding headaches. They run good right out of the box when set up properly.

For scales...the driveability, being able to slow when needed and fly when possible, is what's needed. You definately have some great racers in your area with loads of knowledge.

Looks like Madison is going to be a packed house this year! :D That's great! They're a great bunch to hang with. I hope for great weather and great racing all weekend! Big boats,and little ones!

Dan Brandon
Great to here you are coming to Madison, We have some new things that I thing everybody will like. For if any reson people can not find a place to stay . The Shepherd will put up as many out of towners as we can at are house if needed. With times the way, We want you to come and have a great time Race and be mary!!! Thanks Doug

Last edited:
Aaron,

Dan Brandon
Great to here you are coming to Madison, We have some new things that I thing everybody will like. For if any reson people can not find a place to stay . The Shepherd will put up as many out of towners as we can at are house if needed. With times the way, We want you to come and have a great time Race and be mary!!! Thanks Doug
Listen to Obama GO GREEN <head maybe you could find a good used one from a local boater. Send me some pics you know i like PINK

Aaron,

Dan Brandon
Listen to Obama GO GREEN <head maybe you could find a good used one from a local boater. Send me some pics you know i like PINK
I'll get some pics on here soon. Was pretty impressed with it. Not to many touchups to do. But even without the touchups, still looks good sittin here. :)

Don't waste your money on a K&B. I would put my money on a new CMB-HR67 with the ANDY BROWN AB-67 Black or SIlver older pipe, Cooper also makes a great pipe! There are many great scale boat racers around Evansville, they will help you out!!! Doug Shepherd Madison, In

That's my combination of choice as well.

Back