what is best hardware for sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James montgomery

Looking for hardware for sport 40 turn fin sturt rudder. What do u guys use and run and good starter prop as well....what size gas tanks and should i use plastic tanks or metal

Thanks james

Looks almost like a Dumas1314 Atlas hull but the engine bay is too wide for that, unless it's been widened

Looks like an AC Sport 40 or a Peterson Hull to me.

Speedmaster Sport 20 hardware like Samuel said.

Hey Guys, I'm also setting up my first sport 40 and it's an AC sport 40. So what's up with sport 20 hardware on a 40? Didn't even think of putting the smaller hardware on.

Thanks,

Richard

Im not sure what hull it is i got it from a buddy that comes down and runs with us every now and then and had it siting around so he gave it to me i didnt find any badge or what hull it is......hold on i found it on the cowl it is a AC model boat.....and i think the reason for the sport 20 hardware is cuz the saft size i belive woupd still be 3/16 as that is what i run in my 40 hydro but not sure on rudder maybe doesnt need to be as deep in the water as say a 40 hydro does....from what i have seen run the but end of the boat is lower to the water then the front when on plane......i coupd be worng tho not to familiar with sport 40 but thats the way i see them run

Cut the rudder 1/4" below the water pick up. Use Sport 20 Hardware.

Start your Strut depth at 3/4". Put the strut under the boat not of the back.

Hey Guys, I'm also setting up my first sport 40 and it's an AC sport 40. So what's up with sport 20 hardware on a 40? Didn't even think of putting the smaller hardware on.

Thanks,

Richard
It's a great size for the boats. Almost every Sport 40 has Sport 20 hardware on them

Thanks for the info samuel....good things to know...so turn fin would also be 20 size or should it be bigger ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info samuel....good things to know...so turn fin would also be 20 size or should it be bigger ?
Don't use a Sport 20 size fin. You need a good Sport 40 fin. Something that is strong and has a good smooth transition.
Dick Tyndal makes a great fin.

Blazer Marine makes a great fin if you can get one.

There is also another guy making fins in the manufacturing section.

The Betkes make great fins also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back