What hull is the U-37 Peters and May?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
I am thinking about building this boat down the road. What plans might be a good start for this hull. Anyone know? Thanks, Mike

Well, i kind of found the answer. The Peters and May is really the original 1994 Bud T-4 twin wing hull. Apparently, when Bud scraped the twin wing design, the center former was redone to a conventional full pan hull. I think what I will do, is draw up all the T-4 sponson parts, and design a completely new set of plans that close in the center former. I think this could be a pretty popular plan set since that is such a great looking boat! Mike

So is the T6 what that was based on? I actually have those plans already, but have not messed with them yet. Is that also the Formula hull? Mike

That is good to know. It is such a good looking boat. Do you think if I contacted the U-37 race team they would share the paint codes? Mike

Hey I just so happen to have the paint codes, I too am building that boat I have a fiberglass hull.

Hey I just so happen to have the paint codes, I too am building that boat I have a fiberglass hull.

Why don't you just post the codes here so everyone can have them. They aren't secret.

Also the Bud t-4 is the original Peters and May that crashed in Detroit. The boat they are running now is the 1998 Pico boat. It has been repainted this past week so from a paint scheme it looks much like the old boat.

The T-4 was refitted to fill in the holes and make the front canard, spar and such much like the T5 and T6. You can either use Phil Thomas' T5 hull or as you noted you can also use David Newton's T6 plans. I have a very extensive collection of pics from when they did the renovations back in 2003. If you want them I can put them on a CD and send them to you for $6.

Harry

Attachments

• Hull Modification.jpg
    Hull Modification.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back