West Systems epoxies

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Well, I used my first pot of West Systems epoxy on my 73 PAYNPAK, and all i can say is WOW! the stuff is thin and brushes and flows so NICE! I also like the pre measured pumps, although i think i will probably purchase the small batch mix kit so i dont waste the stuff!! ive never mixed small amounts by weight, but i guess theres a first time for everything! Again MANY THANKS for the info and advice and if anyone else has more info to add, please feel free to educate!! Bill

Well, I used my first pot of West Systems epoxy on my 73 PAYNPAK, and all i can say is WOW! the stuff is thin and brushes and flows so NICE! I also like the pre measured pumps, although i think i will probably purchase the small batch mix kit so i dont waste the stuff!! ive never mixed small amounts by weight, but i guess theres a first time for everything! Again MANY THANKS for the info and advice and if anyone else has more info to add, please feel free to educate!! Bill

Nothing to add here other than the first time I used it I was like WOW- THATS what epoxy is supposed to look like-LOL

The metering pumps are the bomb. I was hesitant to spend the extra money , but once I did I see why you should.

Hows the PAYNPAK coming along Bill ?? The Atlas has been at a standstill for a while now.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing to add here other than the first time I used it I was like WOW- THATS what epoxy is supposed to look like-LOL

The metering pumps are the bomb. I was hesitant to spend the extra money , but once I did I see why you should.

Hows the PAYNPAK coming along Bill ?? The Atlas has been at a standstill for a while now.

Andy
Andy, its framed up and i JUSTadded the non trips and transom to it on friday...needless to say its a looooonnngg way from being done, BUT my 82 executone AND my 20 whiplash are both done, although i have yet to get either boat wet and the way things are going, i dont know when im gonna get em wet, but i aint complaining!!!! Bill

Bill, I did not buy the pumps, just used the small plastic measuring cups and figured out the 5-1 ratio and mixed a little at a time as I needed it. It always set up in about 20-30 min. w/the 206 hardener-pleanty of working time. When you get to the deck/bottom use a plastic bondo spreader/squegee to put on a few lite coats-this stuff dries really hard. If you get sloppy with a brush you'll make a lot of extra work for yourself sanding it smooth. Send some pic's of the build. Glenn :)

Bill, I did not buy the pumps, just used the small plastic measuring cups and figured out the 5-1 ratio and mixed a little at a time as I needed it. It always set up in about 20-30 min. w/the 206 hardener-pleanty of working time. When you get to the deck/bottom use a plastic bondo spreader/squegee to put on a few lite coats-this stuff dries really hard. If you get sloppy with a brush you'll make a lot of extra work for yourself sanding it smooth. Send some pic's of the build. Glenn :)

Back