WATER PROOF SERVOS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark couty

Are waterproof servos such as the Hi Tecs really waterproof, or should they be inside of the radio box ? I wonder how well they would stand up if my boat would become submerged.

I'd put them in a sealed radio box. As much as we would like to believe they actually are "waterproof", it's normally more like "water resistant". If you were using them in a car/buggy, it wouldn't be an issue. Using them in a boat, however, means that they could be totally immersed in water if the boat flips. What you need to ask yourself is if you would want to trust them to be good if they were under water for any length of time?

I have been using them in my thunderboat for a season and an half. They are mounted outside of the radio box and no problems so far. The boat has been over a couple of times, and usually fills up when sitting dead in the water. I wish they were a little quicker though. They have a different "feel" than the Futaba's that I am used to.

Are waterproof servos such as the Hi Tecs really waterproof, or should they be inside of the radio box ? I wonder how well they would stand up if my boat would become submerged.
Mark, I too needed to mount some servo's outside of a radio box,, right about the same time Carlo at CC Racing introduced this stuff http://www.ccracingengines.com/index.php/shop-online#!/~/product/category=4235972&id=23912895

I tested by buying inexpensive servo's took the apart soaked the insides with trio, let dry and re-coated, reassembled the servo's and put them in a quart sized painters cup full of water, had the servos hooked up to a RX (not in the water) and cycled the servo's for quite some time,,, left them submerged for a week on my bench and every day when I got home from work, I would cycle them,,, they worked perfect every time and still do.

My plan is to pack the servo extension connectors with dielectric grease for insurance at the connectors.

Hope this help's

Back