voltage question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so im new to boating and twin electric set up but not rc in general..

according to impala rules to race , my boat falls under Class S and voltage is 25.9-33.84 . im running a twin set up so is this voltage per the whole boat ? or per side ? if for whole boat that's a 8s set up correct ? 8s parallel to both esc? I have 12s per side right now with seal 300 amp and tp 5670 motors and frankly 36 pounds is too heavy and I want something for racing not saw set ups. the current esc and motors will be for sale soon lol

Total voltage going to 1 or 2 motors can not exceed 33.84 volts to be legal for S class.

I would read carefully how a "pack" is defined and that a single "pack" must power both controllers. This covered in B.1.a-c of Section J

A ‘pack’ is defined as the cell(s) wired in series or parallel or any wiring combination that is used to provide electrical power to the speed control for the purpose of driving the electrical motor(s).

a. Only one pack maybe used even if multiple speed controls are used.
b. The pack must be made up of only one type of cell chemistry.

c. In multiple speed control/motor installations the total pack voltage must be used as thesupply input to each speed control. You are not allowed to tap off voltage or switch apacks’ parallel/series configuration during operation.

In order to meet this requirement your speed controllers need to be wired in parellel on the battery input side becuase of "a."

Total voltage going to 1 or 2 motors can not exceed 33.84 volts to be legal for S class.

I would read carefully how a "pack" is defined and that a single "pack" must power both controllers. This covered in B.1.a-c of Section J

A ‘pack’ is defined as the cell(s) wired in series or parallel or any wiring combination that is used to provide electrical power to the speed control for the purpose of driving the electrical motor(s).

a. Only one pack maybe used even if multiple speed controls are used.
b. The pack must be made up of only one type of cell chemistry.

c. In multiple speed control/motor installations the total pack voltage must be used as thesupply input to each speed control. You are not allowed to tap off voltage or switch apacks’ parallel/series configuration during operation.

In order to meet this requirement your speed controllers need to be wired in parellel on the battery input side becuase of "a."
Thanks ! That’s what I was assuming but wanted clarification…. So what size motor would be recommended? Low kv still? I was gonna run the castle xlx2 …And I gotta change my props since they are 75mm ?

Latest posts

Back