Video of Peter Mueller's Turbine Powered OH Boy Oberto

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronratoff

OK everyone - Introducing Peter Mueller's RC Turbine Powered Madison's Oh Boy Oberto! Thanks to Jack Lowe Photography for providing us with the action footage of Peter's Mueller's Turbine Powered Oberto very first time in the water, all we can say is amazing!!! This baby goes through a gallon of kerosene in about 4 minutes!~!! Simply awesome....

Enjoy the video - http://jacklowephotography.com/BoatRacing2...BoyObertoRC.wmv

Ron Ratoff

Last edited by a moderator:
so much attention to detail its sick,even has a magazine of the real boat on the inside of the windshield.

so much attention to detail its sick,even has a magazine of the real boat on the inside of the windshield.
Very nice,BUT in the first few frames you see the boat going out as a retrieve boat is coming in. I hope EDITED.............

Very nice,BUT in the first few frames you see the boat going out as a retrieve boat is coming in. I hope Al Waters dont see this vid..............
Was the retrieve boat out there just to get the hydro pointed in the right direction before it took off? If there is no prop to drive it, this may be the case.

Is it prop driven? Looks very realistic for sure......

Very nice,BUT in the first few frames you see the boat going out as a retrieve boat is coming in. I hope Al Waters dont see this vid..............
Was the retrieve boat out there just to get the hydro pointed in the right direction before it took off? If there is no prop to drive it, this may be the case.

Prop driven, the boat has enough control to take off from a dead stop. Pretty impressive for a x457

Prop driven, the boat has enough control to take off from a dead stop. Pretty impressive for a x457
Wasn't sure....but sure sounded like prop noise as well as the whoooooosh......very cool. Played it for the fellow workers here and they want one!.... :lol:

Wow Really active fast and nice sound than 1/8 scale nitro 67 but :blink: lot of drink fuel :ph34r: How many of weight for Peter's 1/6 scale ?

He eats up one gallon of fuel per 5 minutes talk about a heavy boat he only had the throttle a quarter open there. Robert

OK everyone - Introducing Peter Mueller's RC Turbine Powered Madison's Oh Boy Oberto! Thanks to Jack Lowe Photography for providing us with the action footage of Peter's Mueller's Turbine Powered Oberto very first time in the water, all we can say is amazing!!! This baby goes through a gallon of kerosene in about 4 minutes!~!! Simply awesome....

Enjoy the video - http://jacklowephotography.com/BoatRacing2...BoyObertoRC.wmv

Ron Ratoff
Who built the gearbox? Iassume it has one. I would like to see a photo of that piece.

Mike, the gearbox and ALL of the hardware is designed & built by Peter

The hardware is a replica of the real boat.

Peters attention to detail is SICK.

The prelim video of the boat, just doesn't do it justice

Mike, I have given you some Mis-information above, Peter had built the original gear box, for his first turbine boat.

The Turbine & gearbox used in this boat are commercially available at

http://www.jetcatusa.com/

Sorry Peter, thanks for keeping me honest though

Mike, the gearbox and ALL of the hardware is designed & built by PeterThe hardware is a replica of the real boat.

Peters attention to detail is SICK.

The prelim video of the boat, just doesn't do it justice

Mike, I have given you some Mis-information above, Peter had built the original gear box, for his first turbine boat.

The Turbine & gearbox used in this boat are commercially available at

http://www.jetcatusa.com/

Sorry Peter, thanks for keeping me honest though
YIKES!!!! $4300.00- and i thought nitro motors were getting expensive. If you blow it over are they destroyed?

maybe some goverment "bailout"$$ ??? i am in the auto industry, probabaly should have been a banker, better chance at it.lol

anyhow, I WANT ONE!! that is too cool,

maybe some goverment "bailout"$$ ??? i am in the auto industry, probabaly should have been a banker, better chance at it.lolanyhow, I WANT ONE!! that is too cool,
The Bud t-4 i saw would not destroy the motor as first thought. Just warm it up and go again. I could only imagine 6 of these coming for the start.

Back