Vertical Screw-Adjustable Strut?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007clint

Has anyone tried converting an adjustable strut with one vertical slot and horizontal bolt/nut to a 'more controlled' adjustment with 'say' two vertical bolts to adjust height and angle?

It would just be a better method of 'dialing-in' the best depth and angle.

Has anyone tried converting an adjustable strut with one vertical slot and horizontal bolt/nut to a 'more controlled' adjustment with 'say' two vertical bolts to adjust height and angle?
It would just be a better method of 'dialing-in' the best depth and angle.
I have tried them as there are some already out there & actually prefer the single thru bolt. B)

Clint,

The only one that comes with two slots in the blade that I know of is the Marine Specialties piece. It is quite a bit wider than the Speedmaster or Octura struts but will give you the two slot adjustment bolts you're looking for. My Buddy Jack uses these - has for years. I prefer the Octura SSASBO alum. short strut for Sport 40s, and the SSLBO stainless long for Scale boats. Others will prefer other pieces - - ain't it GREAT to have choices ??? CHEERS !!! Bob

Back