Unlimiteds TV Deal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike McKnight

If you have seen the ABRA website lately they have announced that they have a TV deal to televise the last four races of the 2006 season on Fox Sports Net. After speaking with FSN BAY AREA (SF) they informed me after contacting their headquarters that ABRA may be getting ahead of themselves as they are still in negotiations and a deal has not been finalized. One other problem is that the unlimiteds are not on the schedule for San Diego due to a budget shortfall. They say the unlimiteds are welcome but they cannot afford to pay the bills to put them on the water.

That would be cool, if FSN picked up the unlimiteds, I just wish that my cable provider offered that channel.

That would be cool, if FSN picked up the unlimiteds, I just wish that my cable provider offered that channel.

My cable provider offers the FSN, but 3 weeks ago there was a sign on the channel that said they had quit transmitting?

john

According to the KNDU website....

...UPDATE ON SAN DIEGO RACES

Things seem to be coming togerher. Nobody will confirm it, but our guess is that the unlimiteds will race there. Race officials are working as though the races will go on. There had been money issues, but it appears they've been worked out. Stay tuned.

Still no word from FSN about the TV deal....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, last meeting I was at we were short $200k which is what the ABRA was asking as a fee to show up. The rest of the Bay Fair ticket of $800k, is "paid" for with speculated money from ticket sales. I know some where, some how we will come up with the rest of the cash and have Bay Fair as usual.

FSN will begin airing the ABRA Hydroplane Series. The last four races....Detroit, Tri-Cities, Seattle and San Diego will air beginning October 23rd through Nov 13th. Contact your cable carrier or dish company to find the FSN channel in your area.

Back