U95 Sunny Jim pickle fork

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveyK

I have seen lots of pictures of this boat and although there doesn't seem to be a large number of graphics required, there is one that is on the nose of the boat (not the Sunny Jim one) which I can't make out. It almost looks like initials or something. Does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks,

Dave

It is hard to make out in those pictures, I agree. Try this.

If you look right at the end of the nose, you will see it. It looks like initials in gold leaf. Let me know what you think.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hard to make out in those pictures, I agree. Try this.

If you look right at the end of the nose, you will see it. It looks like initials in gold leaf. Let me know what you think.

Dave
Maybe Harry will chime in here im pretty sure Sunny jim is peanut butter and the slogan was GEE thats ME !! could that be it

Hmmm... Looks like you stole that photo from my website photo archive. Everyone wonders why I put the proof over all the images.

nevermind.................................................................

I have removed the picture from this post. It was intended for information purposes only and it was not my intention to 'steal' it :eek: . Yes David, the photo is on your photo archive website; however, it was not obtained through it. I apologize if this has caused any hurt feelings. My intention was to simply get my new build to replicate as close as possible the real boat and that graphic was on the real boat. Part of the research was to find out what this logo is because it is was part of the real boat, that's all.

My apologies.

Dave, I was not attacking you personally, and did not intend to do so in any way. It simply gets frustrating to see the images that I own the rights to be used around the web and in real life without my consent. I have had many problems with people trying to replicate them and resell them on ebay and through other channels. I have dedicated countless hours and many dollars to digitalizing my photo archive, in part to the memory of my late father and for my love of the sport. I do not make much off selling the photos, but enough to continue to restore the negatives and slides. I think you understand where I am coming from.

I have seen lots of pictures of this boat and although there doesn't seem to be a large number of graphics required, there is one that is on the nose of the boat (not the Sunny Jim one) which I can't make out. It almost looks like initials or something. Does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks,

Dave

As kind as I can say it; I can state this: Support Dave Newton and his effort to continue his fathers legacy. If any of you need more info. on your scale build (1/8th, 1/10th, 1/6.66, 1/7th scale), NewtonMarine is THE place to contact. Dave will give you so much with regard to photos, information, plans, "SPECIFIC DETAIL SHOTS", etc, for such a small price. He & his father have earned this support, after more than 35 years of effort. You will most definately get your $ worth and more!! And, I know he WANTS to help!

email him at: [email protected]

Please keep up the good-work David!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

If I remember right it says "Larrys Love" in memory of owner Pete LaRocks brother who raced with him when he had the older roundnose hull.Larry passed away right before he bought the U-95 hull.

If I remember right it says "Larrys Love" in memory of owner Pete LaRocks brother who raced with him when he had the older roundnose hull.Larry passed away right before he bought the U-95 hull.
Mike,

Did you see that on the real boat? WOW! That's what I needed. It's not a major graphic but I want to do it right. Thanks for the info. I don't suppose you can remember the color of it? It looks to me like a gold leaf type graphic in a old style type font.

Thanks,

Dave

[My older brother worked on the boat and my father worked at sunny jim,needless to say I spent alot of time at the boat shop.It was in gold and old style script.looking foward to seeing pictures of your build,

Mike Mc

Latest posts

Back