U-4 Charlie's Girl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this one will be a RACE boat..,

Thanks guys got the picture i needed....

hey mike you got the U-4,,, I got the GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!just would like to be a fast as you.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Girl in Florida! We sure do like our U-4's. Two or three Girls and three Mark & Paks.

Perry

Rick: I thought you were painting one of yours as Charlie's Girl. You had asked me about it sometime ago. Have you gone with another color scheme?

My Charlie's Girl really ain't retired. Mark ran it at Miami last fall and as of now she is our rough water boat for either Mark or I to run. In fact we may run her at Tampa as our other boats are presently in dry dock undergoing repairs. Perry

Capt;

Yep, the Charlies Girl, and Blue & Gold no name are just too common in District 3!

So yes I have gone in a different direction, The old Gus Johnson boat that was slated to be "Chucks" is now going to be the U-21 "Miss Machine Rock Band"

Also, once I get caught up in the garage, my "Tri Cities Mark & Pak" will be something else also,

Since at present we have 3 of those in District 3!

See ya in Tampa, ready to rock

Rick

Capt;Yep, the Charlies Girl, and Blue & Gold no name are just too common in District 3!

So yes I have gone in a different direction, The old Gus Johnson boat that was slated to be "Chucks" is now going to be the U-21 "Miss Machine Rock Band"

Also, once I get caught up in the garage, my "Tri Cities Mark & Pak" will be something else also,

Since at present we have 3 of those in District 3!

See ya in Tampa, ready to rock

Rick
Geeesh guys!!!!. I dont get it. Why the dupes? You should be up here in the NW. Between RCU and ERCU there are over 200 boats registered. No one is running the Charlies Girl or the Mark and Pak. We average between 35-40 boats at a race. Thats both Nitro and Electric. Guess what- No dupes!! There has to be over 500 boats to choose from. Makes you wonder.

CZAR

Geeesh guys!!!!. I dont get it. Why the dupes? You should be up here in the NW. Between RCU and ERCU there are over 200 boats registered. No one is running the Charlies Girl or the Mark and Pak. We average between 35-40 boats at a race. Thats both Nitro and Electric. Guess what- No dupes!! There has to be over 500 boats to choose from. Makes you wonder.CZAR
Roger I believe they were previously referred to as "race" boats- plain jane simple, no wings, no turbine tubes, and about as basic a paint job as it gets so when they run each other over it's easier to repair them. :eek:

Don, it's not when they run each other over, It's when you get run over!

Not everyone in district 3 makes it a habit of running over other boats, don't get me wrong, I've "tagged" other boats, but it aint a habit!

And it's not the simplicity of the paint jobs, The Mark & Pak is not really a simple paint sceme.

Some prefer modern day flash, wings and turbines, others love the old shovel noses, I prefer the forward cockpit "old" style boat.

When I met Roger Newton at our awards banquet, he asked what I raced, I told him, and later showed him a pic of the Mark & Pak running, He asked "where are the wings?" and I think my answer irritated him, I told him real race boats don't have wings, I don't think he cared for my answer? Sorry Roger!

Just one persons opinion and likes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a good running "Elam"(dayglo orange) or "Appian Jeronimo"(Purple and wht)

Rick

"Roger I believe they were previously referred to as "race" boats- plain jane simple, no wings, no turbine tubes, and about as basic a paint job as it gets so when they run each other over it's easier to repair them."

Hey Don,

Was that your rendition of a "Cheap Shot". Play nice. Many of those U-4s will give your choice of hulls a run for their money at any race, any where. Be NICE now - the "Ol Boy" is watching and reading. CHEERS !!! Bob

Guys,,what i ment by "RACE BOAT" was the fact plan and simple.. Most of my collection will never see a Race not even for A start to hopefully win best of show or concourse...

I plan only running two maybe three Race Scales...Either ole style or the new... the rest are for my personal enjoyment,, they have for the most part all been striped down to wood or glass re sealed and painted for that Awesome Show piece...

Myself I love the Turbine Boats,, and i know a few that will give anyone a serious a-- whipping....

Dave Brandt , David Newton, John Strubbers and Don Ferrette to name a few all run winged boats and are they fast and competitive just follow what district they run in... Hell these guys have won more races than most of us will in a life time...

Our own Joe Wiebelhaus runs Jasper and that scale runs like a raped ape again a wing scale

Mike, Rick, Don, Jack, Perry, Mark,Our dist 3 guys,, All run the ole style,,that is what they like...and again they are fast...

For me that was all that was ment by saying RACE BOAT!!!!!!! ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see those pics of the girl. I have painted the boat and done the decals many times without a good picture so I just used my imagination. I would like to know what it actually looks like.

Back