U-3 Build Pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
Guys, I'm finally moving along again on my Master Tire. See the pics in my gallery that show the hatch/dummy engine config. and the radio box installation. All I need to do at this point is fill and sand the main hull and get the radio linkages situated. The cockpit, uprights, rear wing, and canard are primered and ready for paint. Yeah, I know, I work slow. I had ordered a dummy allison from Troy but unfortuately, he passed away, so all of his nice stuff is no longer available. I had to build my own. I hope you guys think its at least a practical version of the Turbo Charged Allison. The link is......U-3 Build Pics

Guys, I'm finally moving along again on my Master Tire. See the pics in my gallery that show the hatch/dummy engine config. and the radio box installation. All I need to do at this point is fill and sand the main hull and get the radio linkages situated. The cockpit, uprights, rear wing, and canard are primered and ready for paint. Yeah, I know, I work slow. I had ordered a dummy allison from Troy but unfortuately, he passed away, so all of his nice stuff is no longer available. I had to build my own. I hope you guys think its at least a practical version of the Turbo Charged Allison. The link is......U-3 Build Pics
By the way, go to the 3rd and 4th pages of the Master Tire category to see the new pics. Thanks. Let me know what you think!!!

Rich,

Nice job!

Did you use the Allison plans from Roger Newton to build this? or did you build it from eyeballing the Allison photos?

Dave

Rich,
Nice job!

Did you use the Allison plans from Roger Newton to build this? or did you build it from eyeballing the Allison photos?

Dave
Dave:

I had the plans for the non-turbocharged allison and I basically traced over them and drew up the way I wanted it to look. I had to modify the plans to fit my application. It was a decent starting point though. The Turbos, exhaust, etc... are all from pretty much eyeballing and trial and error.

Back