U-10 whats this hanging off the sponson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

Ok scale guys I was drooling over this pic of a U-10 Winston and saw something ive not seen before. have a look and tell me wut it is?Winston u10.jpg

It's a salt water deflector. Usually you wouldn't see them on the conventional style hulls but the 2 wing hulls like the Circus and the Exide and I think the T-Plus hulls had one too. Some were retractable once at a certain speed. But most were fixed. In most of my video footage of the Eagle they didn't run a salt water scoop like most everyone else did. If you notice they also have the scoop dam shut in this pic. Must have been Miami or San Diego.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a pretty picture. Love the Eagle. They sure don't make em like they use to. That era had many different hulls offering a lot of variety. Not as cookie-cutter as today's (T6) dominated fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its referred to as a " spray rail" most of the modern day hydros have them, as everyone has stated its designed to redirect spray away from the windsheild at high and low speeds and keep salt out of the scoop.

Back