Turbine Pay n Pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aarona40

Going to build this boat for next year so pics of the '80-'82 Turbine Pak would be great. I have the newspaper articles of the blowover and collision haging on the shop wall. Thanks for the help. Aaron

Here are a few, notice various changes from the early front cowl air dam area being flat to the nose cone sticking out and later with the air traps cut out. Harry Gatjens can probably tell you the correct years for different designs, Help me out on this on Harry. B)

Here's one. B)
lw_PakTurbine5_1_.jpg

135_a_1_.jpg

lw_PakTurbine2_1_.jpg

lw_PakTurbine3_1_.jpg

lw_PakTurbine4_1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The boat was changed between the 80 and 81 season. The original boat (80 version) had a full bullnose and had too much lift making the boat very flighty. For the 81 & 82 season the bullnose was recessed on both sides of the cockpit removing some of the lift.

80 pak

81 pak

I have the 80 version and could not keep it on the water until I added a bunch of weight to the nose. Mine is a converted Dumas kit that had extensive mods done to the sponsons.

My Pak

Buddy

Thanks guys. Keep them comming. There are a few there I haven't seen before. Aaron
Here is one taken during it's very first test run at an unlimited race.

Pak%20First%20run.jpg

Pak Pic

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a bunch of really good ones on www.cdenslow.smugmug.com site of the Pak at Columbia Cup races also. I have the Up, Up, Up ans Away Sequence, but can't seem to upload it - - will send direct. CHEERS !!! Bob

Thanks for the pics guys.

Harry, I am building this boat for the Scale Thunderboat class here ( http://www.pnwta.org/default.php ). Any info you have on the different years would be great. Would it be better to build the later boat with the recessed deck at the front of the tunnel? What is your thought? Boat will be @ "54 long and @ "26 wide hopefully. LMK any houghts that you have. Aaron

Back